Chapter 1

Theodore woke up with a deep ache in his bones. Yesterday, he and the other children were up past 5:00 begging the home keepers in San. Juan Children's home to reconsider the demolishment of the home in 6 months.

"Hey Theo, Mr. Ashen wants to us to report for breakfast." Theo's friend, Frank, told him from under the bunk. "Uh, I am so sore." he complained, heaving himself from the bed, jumping down to the bottom of the bed.

"C'mon, let"s just get ready or the girls will make fun of us for being late. Although, Ashlyn and Harvy might save us some food." Frank said, going to a different part of the room to get dressed. Theo put on his brown blazer with a white button up shirt and brown stiff pants, along with his white and black shoes. When he turned around, Franks was already picking up his black pajamas.

"Hurry up now Frank!' Theo told the black haired 13-year-old. "If I don't pick this up now, Ms. Cradilly will make me clean up the whole room, and I sure as hell don't want to clean up your mess." he laughed in response. "Well then we just have to make sure she doesn't find out!' Theo told him, grabbing his fore arm and dragging Frank downstairs to the kitchen.

To both boys disappointment, breakfast had ended. Mr. Ashen walked up to the two boys, "Where have you boys been? Huh, it does not matter now, go help Silver and Gold to clean the kitchen. Today's lesson has been canceled due to paper work Ms. Cradilly and I must attend to." He told them, and walked off to his office

"Damn, I never liked kitchen duty," Theo muttered, as he and Frank walked in to see the twins washing the dishes. "Hey Silver, hello Gold." Frank greeted the two girls. "Hello Frank! Hello Theodore!" They greeted cheerfully. 'How can they be so cheerful when they might have to be seperated before the construction?' Theo though, as he and Frank began to get rags while Silver filled a bucket of water for them to clean the table and stains with.

As Theo finished the last of their work, Harvy came in, Ashlyn trailing behind her. "Hey Theo, Franky." Harvy nodded. "H-h-hey g-guys." Ashlyn said quietly. The boys nodded in acknowledgement. Harvy handed each boy an apple, a cold piece of bacon, and a small fruit tart. "It might be a bit cold, the bacon I mean and I can't fit a lot in this fucking stupid outfit." Harvy said, tugging at her black dress.

Frank chuckled, "Always the rebel, eh Harvy?" the group laughed, and the

twins Silver and Gold exited the kitchen, not wanting to be witnesses or hear what the mischievious group was up to now.

"Yup! Anyway. Did you hear of the girl named Lily who was found in the Hudson?"

The two boys looked at each other. "No, what happened?" Theo spoke up.

Harvy told the boys, "Well, a man was walking along the river, admiring it, when he saw something...... out of the ordinary. He stepped down to a small nook at the edge of the river. When the man reached down, he uncovered a teddy bear. It was caked in dirt and one of the eyes was missing. It had button eyes by the way.

"

He walked a bit more upriver, when he saw a small, tip of a finger. But it was bone, no flesh at all. He put two twigs and and four pebbles around the area where he found it, and ran off to the police department to make a report. When the police arrived, they found the skeletal corpse of a small girl. They took her to get an autopsy, which revealed that her name was Lily Dawn Monath, and she was rapped repeatedly, beaten, and then starved to death.

"They don't know who her parents are, but they've come to conclude that her parents must be dead, because the skeleton was so old, the teeth started to decompose, and her skull was cracked in multiple places, as well as her other bone fractures." She finished.

The four stood in silence, when Ms. Cradilly stomped in. "Harvy Liondian! What have you done to Marilyn's room!" the lady raged as she grabbed the young green eyed girl down the hall near the stairs. The other three walked quickly after the two. Harvy grinning the whole time.

"Look young lady! The poor girl is soaking wet!" Theo, Frank, and Aslyn all had their eyes widened.

Marilyn was soaking wet with suds decorating her hair, which was green. "She wet my books, I just thought I'd return the favour Ms. Cradilly." Harvy smiled sweetly. Her hands were behind her back, and she stared at Ms. Cradilly with innocent eyes. If you didn't know Harvy as well as the three, Ms. Cradilly, and Mr. Ashen did, then you would just fall for that. But nope.

"Abigail, what seems to be the trouble?" Mr. Ashen walked in. "Oh! H-headmaster!" Ms. Cradilly sun around to face the middle-aged black haired man. "Well, it seems that Harvy put a bucket of sud water and green dye, tied it to the door knob, and when poor Marilyn here walked in, the bucket fell down and wet the girl. Not to mention dye her hair a nausiating green!"

"We know that Harvy doesn't do anything without reason." Mr.Ashen turned to Harvy. "What did Marilyn do, Harvy?"

"She wet my books, I just thought I'd return the favor!"