Prologue - Burning Past

Flashback - Many years ago...

Your POV

Hi there, my name is (Y/N) (L/N). During my childhood, I never had any brothers or sisters. I would always hangout with my parents whenever they get home from work, or at least one them. They made sure to not think I felt neglected, and would do their best to talk to me lightly whenever I did something wrong. Indeed, you could say that I had the best parents in the world, and that I had a good life. However, not everything was all rainbows and unicorns.

One day, some people I don't know came busting through our door, and they were glaring angrily at my parents. Just staring at them made me feel scared, so I did my best to hide from them, but slowly peeked at what was going on.

"Okay, scumbags! We're done waiting around! Where the hell is our money?!" One of them asked. Did my parents get involved with something that I was too young to understand?

"Please!" My mom pleaded. "We're doing the best we can do. Can you give us a little more time?"

"Do you really think more time is going to save you?" The man asked.

One of those guys started to pull out a gun and pointed it at my mom. My dad stepped in front of her.

"Look, we're begging you to give us some more time, just don't do anything you might regret." He said.

The guy paused for a moment.

"You know... I think we were being a bit too pushy earlier, so we'll give you more time." He said.

"Really?" My parents asked in unison.

"Just kidding. Shoot 'em."

Just like that, my parents have been shot and killed. As they walked out of the house, laughing, I ran over to them in tears.

"Mommy... Daddy..."

They were on the floor covered in their own blood. I watched my parents in front of me, and at my young age, it was a lot for me to take in. Moments later, the cops and they saw me with my dead parents.

I had a feeling things were going to change for me, and I was right.

The next day after my parents died I was placed in an orphanage with other kids who had been my situation before. Thankfully I wasn't going to be here forever. I plan on being here until my aunt, who is still a high school student, is old enough to adopt me.

But after thinking about everything I witnessed on that horrible day, I began to learn something. Life is terrible. No matter how many bright sides there are, there are going to be times where it is not so bright. And with my parents gone, I'll never look at life the same way again...

To be continued

A/N: Hello, everyone. Welcome to Passionate Romance. Thank you for reading the prologue and I hoped you guys liked it. The reason why it's short is mainly because I am setting the stage for (Y/N)'s personality, at least for the first few chapters. Do you think (Y/N) will have a different perspective on life? Only one way to find out.

See you in the next chapter, and have a good one. :)