Prolouge

3RD POV

LRSSG Strike Base, Eusea

In a large briefing room, hundreds of pilots sit in their assigned seats. The war itself made them uneasy, but with the discovery of the Alicorn, it's only made it worse. A blue hologram of the sub-carrier is shown at the center, and Dr. David North begins to explain what is happening.

"The Erusean Military finally sent part of the Alircorn's specs." He started, as the model rotated, giving them all a 360 degree of view. "It's basic capabilities listed here were as we predicted. What is interesting is...this thing over here." 

On the hologram, a chunk of the flight deck raised up and aimed the tip in the air, with a small sliver going down the center missing. A few recognized the look, and knew what it was.

"In addition to the main guns," Continued David, "They have a 600-mm/128 caliber rail cannon." A few grasps and whispers we heard about. 

"The barrel exceeds 700 meters! It's range is over 3,000 kilometers. That matches what we calculated from the bombardment on Anchored Bay." 

Many pilots were shocked to hear this. Many seemed frightened. Others, like Trigger, callsign Strider 1, and leader of strider squadron, was able to remain calm and focused. 

"The mini nuke they seem to have obtained has a yield of one kiloton. It'll destroy anything within a 400-meter radius of the ground zone. Casualties are estimated to be in the tens of thousands." 

Mummers began to break out among the pilots. Many had faced war before, but this was a new level. 

"I know some things are better left unsaid," Said Trigger. "But, let me say it. That's less damage than I expected." 

"Nice catch, Trigger." Said David. "You remember this speech?" 

An audio file opened up, showing a male with navy blue hair, and wearing an admirals uniform. This, was the captain of the Alicorn, Matias Torres. 

"This boat has the means to end this hideous war, in a definitive and elegant matter." The audio said. "The world shall be horrified by the number of lives we will take. Only then will they let go of their weapons... Weapons that would have taken the lives of ten million."

The file closed, and David's face repapered on screen. 

"The imagery invoked by those words and the actual predicted damage just don't match." He said. "They will launch the nuke on September 19th. 

"Why are you so sure?" Huxain asked. 

"Because that's the anniversary of the end of the Continental War." David explained. "The Anti-War demonstrations and victory parades will be in full swing in Oured. There are about a million participants in total. That number will rise on the anniversary."  

"Shit." Trigger silently cursed. 

"However, this nuke isn't that powerful. They'd have to thread through the eye of a needle to achieve the desired result."

"Terminal guidance would be needed." Commented Jaeger. 

"Right. How do they intend to make this work when even GPS won't work?" 

"You're all thinking too much." Said Huxain. "If we sink the submarine, it's problem solved." 

"Crude, but effective." 

"Crude?" 

"Alright, look at this." 

The view of the map changed, and most of it was parts of open ocean. Then, several lines appeared on the screen.