Party of Three

"Kozume what're ya gonna do when ya wanna get married? Ya won't have anyone to attend the damn wedding on yer side" Kozume's uncle scoffed, trying to use Kozume's interest in the future to get him to make friends in the present.

"Who says I want to even get married?" Thirteen year old Kozume doesn't even look up from his gameboy. He was alone again after leaving Toman and Mikey was too focused on his brother's death to seek him back.

"What, ya aromantic or somethin? Not that that's bad." His uncle was quick to assure Kozume that is was fine if he was. His uncle had always been like that, open and supportive of Kozume for everything as long as it was safe.

"Nah, I like boys. I just don't see the point in trying for a relationship of any kind when it always ends up one of two ways. Either you two lose eachother while you're still alive, or one of you loses the other when one of you dies." Kozume shrugs. He hadn't even paid attention to his coming out as gay.

"Well if ya ever get a boyfriend ya will realize that ya were wrong." His uncle gives him a proud grin and ruffles the brunnette child's hair, earning whines as 'GAME OVER' flashed on the screen.

-

Hanma Shuji.

Hanemiya Kazutora.

Baji Keisuke.

These three boys couldn't get Hanahiro Kozume off their fucking minds.

Especially not the sight of him that they caught after leaving the Valhalla meeting. They'd just been chatting and walking to get dinner with the other Valhalla admins when the nearly passed Kozume.

The boy, with his hair down and spilling over his shoulders, was sitting sideways on a bench with his knees pulled to his chest loosely.

He still wore Hanma's jacket and most ofthe rest of his outfit from before but it was now accompanied by his headphones, which he'd recently changed to play music much more his taste when he was about to fight. It was on full blast into his ears and visibly vibrated with bass.

His head was laid on his knees to the side, angled towards the Valhalla members but his eyes were closed and he almost appeared asleep.

Hint hint, he wasn't. He felt the eyes on him and plywd the vulnerable card and kept his eyes shut and looking like he was asleep.

Hanma, curious about the music his newfound interest liked, ever so gently pulled Kozume's headphones off and put them on his own ears. His eyes widened but so did his smile.

"He has nice taste." He says, standing and offering the headphones for whoever was curious. Kazutora followed up and then Baji, both of them agreeing. Somehow that roped the other Valhalla admins all into listening and they all were pleasantly surprised.

They were unpleasantly surprised when they heard someone yelling for Kozume and turned to see several members of the Black Dragons gang.

Kozume sat up, making things a little awkward for the Valhalla members since he hadn't actually been asleep, and took his headphones from Hanma's hand.

He shrugged off the Valhalla jacket and headphones and handed them to Hanma. "Hold this for me, I don't want to get it bloody or broken." He says, revealing sleeves of tattoos he'd gotten while Kazutora was in juvie.

He ties his hair up, yellow eyes sharp as he smirked as the several armed black dragons members.

"C'mon dragons~ unless yer scared~" he teased, walking directly through the Black Dragons gang group and into an alley with the gang members tailing him.