chapter 1

edds pov
It all started about 3 years ago, well 3 years and 4 months ago to be exact. Nobody tells you just how loud the sound of silence is. At that moment I felt like I could hear everything and nothing at the same time. And I'll never forget that day because it started off so normal. Want me to clue you in?

June 22nd 2008, the summer of '08, we had just been let out for summer break, people laughing could be heard all around, the blazing heat beating down on us, just your average summer break, right? Or so I thought. I arrived home to see a, rather heavy, letter addressed with my name on it lying in the entryway. I didn't think much of it, maybe a long cousin writing to check in, or a friend writing of good news. But it wasn't until I read it that I'd realise, this is gonna be a long summer. I tossed it onto the table with a small thud and went to greet my room-mate. We went through all the usual questions "how was your day" "what have you done" et cetera et cetera when she brought up the letter.
"What is it anyway?"
"Well I don't know I haven't opened it yet" i replied, inspecting it front and back
"Open it, it could be something important"
So with that I opened the letter that would ruin my life.
Hello Edd,
nothing like the smell of fresh blood on your hands in the morning eh?
Don't worry I took care of him
He knew too much
Your secrets safe with me
It's me, your old pal
KV
My blood ran cold, who was KV. That's when I realised, it was going to be a really...really, long summer.

Hours after the letter's arrival I stood, pacing, debating wether i should tell Tord (Tord , my best friend since...forever, there is absolutely no secrets between us.) and trying to figure out what it meant and from who it was sent. Perhaps it was sent to the wrong Edd? There are far many Edds in the world and i had no doubt one of them had done some bad stuff. Yet opposes the problem. The address. If it was the wrong Edd, according to the address it would most certainly not be in my hands inside my house.