Chapter Two

I awoke at 7? I don't know. I felt slightly better although I can't say I looked great. I had tear stains down my cheeks, my hair was a birds nest and my clothes were filthy. Soon enough I found out where I was and I found Ash's house. I took a deep breath before chapping the door lightly. After a moment and no response, I grew more desperate. Within 5 minutes I was banging on the door.

"Alright, ALRIGHT, I'm coming!" The door opened and Ash stood there. "Alyc, are you okay? What's going on?" She stammered as I fell into her arms. I can trust Ash. We've been best friends for 15 years and she's who got me away from my mum. She's even the one who introduced me to the Yogscast and Area 11. She's helps me through so much... I just cried into her shoulder. She led me through to her living room and sat me down on the couch.

"I'll get a cuppa, yeah?" she smiled and wandered through to the kitchen. I used this opportunity to try and clean myself up. I washed my face, ran my fingers though my hair and brushed my teeth.

I walked back to the living room and she was on the couch, smiling at me. Two cups of coffee were on the coffee table.

"So... Alyc... Tell me what happened."

I told her everything. About Rob... raping me. About him abusing me, about my failed attempts at escape.

But that was it. I was done with Rob, I'm never seeing him again.

"Oh, Alyc, you should have told me... I wish I had known, I could have stopped this happening. I'm so sorry," she cried, hugging me.

I hugged her back.

"You can stay here for as long as you need, alright?"

I nodded and wiped my eyes.

"Thank you Ash, I don't know where I'd be without you-" I began but was interrupted.

"Mummy?" I turned to see it was Ash's 8 year old daughter Megan. "Oh, hello auntie Alyc! Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine pet. C'mere," I smiled and opened my arms for her.

She stumbled over and hugged me.

"You're crying, auntie Alyc," Megan frowned.

"Sorry pet," I whispered and kissed her forehead.

"Alright baby girl, what's up? Are you hungry? I'll get you some breakfast," Ash nodded at Megan and the two went into the kitchen.

Left in silence, I decided to turn my phone on.

There were 27 messages from Rob, 16 missed phone calls and 4 voice messages.

I read the texts, all of which were just him shouting at me. I listened to the voicemails.

"Alyc, get your ass back here! Where the fuck are you?!"

"If you don't come back right this second, you're gonna be in for it, I swear!"

"I'm sorry babe, I'm so sorry... Just- just come home and we can talk about it,"

I started to soften - maybe things weren't as bad as I thought. Maybe I'd be okay, maybe I-

Then I heard the last voicemail.

"You know what? Fuck it! I'm going to find you and when I do, you'll regret ever leaving. You bet your sorry ass I'll make your life a living nightmare!"

TWO DAYS LATER

I can't go outside. I can't. What if he finds me? What if he follows me? I'm scared to leave the house. Work called, asked me why I hadn't been in work for three days and I had to explain that I couldn't come in and I didn't know when I could go back... They fired me there and then.