Chapter 5 My Escape from the Lincoln County Courthouse Pat's Jail

the next day started like all of the other days Bob Ollinger bullying me. but i would get even with Ollinger and it is coming very soon sooner then Bob Ollinger thinks. i got deputy Bell to take me to the outhouse where i had found a gun. when Bell had took me back inside i shot him and ran upstairs where Bob kept the gun that he likes to threaten me with earlier. Bob had came running thinking the Bell had shot and killed me. i broke the window and pointed Bob's prized gun right at him and shot him. after i had shot Bob i said goodbye Bob that was the best $1.80 that i had ever spent i took one last look at Bob Ollinger my bully and said for hates sake i spit my last breath at thee. i had came back to Fort Sumner that was a very bad idea. but my soon to be wife Dahlia lived there in Fort Sumner. that night i had went to Pete Maxwell's to get me and Dahlia something to eat. that is when i had ran into Pat he pointed his gun at me. we had talked for a while he told me that he had to kill me. he said that it hurt him having to kill me but he had no choice he had to kill me. i told him that he knew that i had always said if i cared for someone there was nothing that i would fail to do. i turned my back on Pat. he told me to turn around. i turned back around to face him. he pointed his gun at me. i could see that his hand was shaking. he had shot me that night. he thinks that he had killed me but he doesn't know that i survived being shot by him. i don't what i would say to Pat if i saw him again.

Billy Bonney

i will write more later