chapter one

I sprung up in my bed while rubbing my head. I scrunched my nose up and then down as I looked outside. The sun bright in my face. I grabbed my phone and unplugged the charger that was plugged into my phone. I unlocked my phone seeing a shit ton of notifications like always. I had a text from Bryson. Aka my ex-boyfriend and best friend.

Bry: JJ, where are you at?

Me: I'm in my apartment.. why?

Bry: You want to come to LA? Like for good..

Me: Bryson, isn't this a little early? I said I'd move to LA at some point but I didn't mean right now.

Bry: I know but maybe it's best if you do right now. I'm giving you your opportunity so take it. You can meet my friends. Isn't your dream to sing and dance? Take it, Jayde.

Me: Fine but I don't have the money for a plane ticket.

Bry: Don't worry about it. I've got that. Pack your stuff. I'll give you two weeks. I'll buy your plane ticket.

Me: Okay..

I turned off my phone and rolled over falling back asleep..

Two weeks later..

I'm off my plane.. in LA. I texted Bryson to come pick me up. Suddenly a car pulled up.. it wasn't Bryson.

Bry: Oh by the way.. Jack is picking you up. Have fun with that..

Jesus Christ. Jack Harlow?

I got in the car knowing it was Jack. He had a song on that he made.

"You must be Jayde?" He said turning the song down.

"Sure am.." I said making my lips disappear in my mouth.

"Well I'm Jack Harlow. The ladies call me Jackman." He said as I rolled my eyes.

"Bryson said you're headed to his place.." Jack said smiling.

"Yep" I said popping the p.

The car ride was silence.. awkwardddd. He played his music though.. probably trying to show off to me. I think it's funny actually. He dropped me off at Bryson's house and I went inside.

"BRYSON! IM HERE!" I yelled as I heard Bryson run down the stairs.

"JJ!" He said hugging me.

"How was the ride with Jack?" He asked me pulling away from the hug.

"Awkward as hell.." I said biting my lip.

"Really?! Jack's pretty outgoing."

"He showed me his music I guess.." I said.

"Oh well that's something." He said walking away to the fridge.

"So where am I staying?" I asked.

"Oh! Druski will show you." Bryson said as a man walked into the room.

"Hey I'm Druski. You must be Jayde." He said shaking my hand.

"Hey!" I said smiling and shaking his hand.

He brought me upstairs and showed me to my room.

"You must be friends with Jack?" I asked. He looked at me with his eyebrows knitted together with a little smirk on his face.

"How'd you know that?" He asked.

"Seen your guys posts plus you guys seem best friends." I said starting to unpack my stuff.