☪⇝𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦

present time

y/n's pov
✡⌑♡☄↝

✡⌑♡☄ - ✡⌑♡☄ - ✡⌑♡☄

✡⌑♡☄ - ✡⌑♡☄ - ✡⌑♡☄

"Kyojuro!" the Hashira's wife cried out as the demon's fist penetrated through her husband's sternum, causing blood to spurt out of his mouth.

She felt anger boil in her veins as she gripped her nichirin blade violently, gaze glaring daggers at the demon as he smiled, seeing the Hashira's surprised and pained expression.

"Akaza!" she charged at the demon, blade raised. The demon's smile faded as his yellow eyes made contact with her blazing maroon ones. He felt a chill of fear travel down his spine and he quickly removed his arm from the man.

Without looking back, Akaza took off running just before the woman's blade could make contact with his skin. She screamed in frustration as tears fell down her pale cheeks. "You coward! Come back and finish what you've started!" she yelled into the empty morning sky, hearing the echo of her loud cries.

She stopped running, watching as the demon ran as the sun rose in the distance. "Honey- calm down" she heard her husband's soft voice behind her. Exhausted from the battle she faced against the upper moon, she fell to her knees in sobs.

"How dare you call yourself my brother! You know what it feels like to lose your loved one! How dare you, Akaza!" the woman screamed at the top of her lungs before bringing her face to her bloodied hands and sobbing.

As the demon ran away from the sunlight, he heard the woman's cries echo. His eyes stung with tears, hating to hear his 'little sister' in pain that he knew he had caused.

Wait...but I bet you're wondering...how did we get here? The woman, a demon's sister? Married to a Hashira?

𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮 𝙤𝙛 𝙮/𝙣, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙩𝙬𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙪𝙥𝙨𝙞𝙙𝙚 𝙙𝙤𝙬𝙣.

✡⌑♡☄

Around eight years ago-

y/n's twelve, Tengen is fifteen

"Come on y/n!" the young girl's older brother called as he ran with a small bottle of nail polish in his hands. The young girl giggled as she chased Tengen down the halls of their estate. "Tengen! You're too fast!" the girl gasped for air before her brother looked behind him.

"Come on! Dad's put us through training harder than this! You should be able to catch me!" he laughed, walking over to his sister who pouted in the middle of the hall.

He held out the nail polish bottle, offering the stolen goodie back to his sister. She smiled before shaking her head. "You keep it. You use it more than I do anyways."

Tengen smiled in thanks, before the sound of a slamming door echoed down the hall. Both of their heads snapped in the direction the sound came from, only for a loud slap to sound right beside them. "Tengen!"