궁전

|PALACE|

"Take me with you"

Wang So was looking at girl who was trying to catch her breath after a long run.

"So Oraboni, please", she pleaded.

"I don't think you remember anything, why me?", He asked with his signature emotionless stone face.

Wang So was not happy by the fact that Jihyun remembered nothing about him. Kang Jihyun was the reason his life in Shinju was at least bearable. She was not scared of him or his face. According to her, Wang So's scar was beautiful. They were nothing but a tattoo with a better story.

"I want to trust you", she made an eye contact with him.

"What if I am the bad guy?"

"It's my fault then, I trusted a wrong person", she replied not breaking the eye contact.

Wang So barely held back his smile, she still had the same confidence.

"Can I ask you the reason at least? You want to leave your family"

"Later, I will tell you everything once we leave this place. I am not safe here. Will you help your sister who hardy remembers anything?", she requested.

Her words somehow melted Wang So's heart

"Kang Jihyun is coming to Songak with me", Wang So announced.

"But Pri-", the guy who wanted to kill her earlier was about to stop So but he himself stopped speaking when he noticed So's glare.

"Are you ready?", So asked Jihyun.

"But we have a problem"

"And what is that?"

"This dress, I want to wear something comfortable", She lifted her skirt lightly while pouting.

Wang So finally let a small chuckle at his sister's action. Jihyun noticed how So's expression soften while looking at her.

I knew I could trust him, She thought.

________________

"How was I before?", Jihyun asked So.

It was dark so they decided to take a rest and start the journey next day. Wang So and Jihyun were sitting under a tree.

"You were different from your family members. The Jihyun I knew was wise, kind and pure"

"Were we close?"

"You are my only family, Kang Jihyun. I am glad you are alright", Wang So really meant every single word he said.

"One day when you went out of the town your family threw me into a group of wolves"

"They what? Were you hurt? Is this scar from that day", she asked him remembering the lady's words in the morning.

"I'm fine now. This scar is from my childhood", So hesitated to tell her about his scar.

"You don't have to tell me everything, you know", she stopped him from speaking ahead.

"Arraseo, but you deserve to know about the wolf incidence, Jihyun", So said seriously.

Maybe telling her about her old stories might bring her memories back. That's what So thought.

Wang So was thrown into the wolves, he killed every single of them and burned the mountain. When Jihyun came back she nursed him for weeks until he was healed. Since then she stopped talking to her family because she felt bad for So and started to hate them for hurting Wang So.