fireflies (emmaxreader)

AU: Modern, aged up (the kids and y/n are all 16)
FLUFFY
A/n: Aight I hope you enjoy this story! It's almost 5 am so like yeah. Also I'm writing on mobile lol

Your name is Y/n. You've been together with a girl named Emma since you were 13. Today, you and Emma are going to catch some fireflies and put them in a jar at 6:30 PM. Its currently 12:46 PM.

Emma walks over to you. She's wearing a blue short-sleeve shirt, gray shorts, tan flip-flops and some oversized sunglasses on top of her head. "Hey sunshine" you say to her. She smiles at you and blushes a bit. "Hi cupcake" she replies. You start to smile at the nickname she gave you. It seemed a bit cheesy, but it was her thing to give you cheesy nicknames. "When are we gonna catch fireflies?" Emma asks you. "At 6:30." You tell her. "Awe, I want to catch them right now with you cupcake," she says. "We can't now because it's too early. The fireflies don't come out until later." You say, chuckling a bit. Emma sits right next to your seat on the couch. She lies her head down on your chest and places her hand on your shoulder. "I love you," she tells you. "I love you too sunshine." You say.

Later...
"Y/n, i'm so excited to catch fireflies with you!~" Emma says cheerfully when you two arrive at the park to catch fireflies. You have two jars to put the fireflies in when you catch them with the net you brought. "Me too" you say. Emma grabs the net and catches two fireflies. "Awe, they look like us. Perfect together." You smile at her cheesy sentence. You take the net and catch a few fireflies. After you put all the fireflies you caught in the jars. "That was fun," Emma says. "I want to do it again sometime!~" You smile at her. "We will!" You say.

Word count: 345 words