Forget 'Em.

Requested by GeetRVR

TW: Depictions of drug use, vomit and suicidal attempt.
------------

Anti's.

All the members of BTS were used to them. They had people who hated them and their music since before they even actually debuted. At first it really did bother them. Whenever one of the members experienced hate either online or in person they used to hide away and sulk, or consider even ending their music career.

However, as their fame and ARMY grew, the hate didn't bother them as much. Although there was a lot more of it, there was also a lot more people who loved them. They started doing daily mind exercises that helped them learn to ignore the haters and to only focus on the positive messages of those who loved them, because those were the people the members truly cared about . They were all good at it by now, after 10 years of learning to deal with the comments. There would be at least 100 positive comments for every mean one, so it became easy to not take things to heart.

There was only one member who every now and then would let the comments get to them.

Taehyung.

He'd sometimes find himself going on to WeVerse to defend himself if he saw a hate comment, and then ARMY would back him up which always made him feel better. However whenever he did that there would always be a news article about it.

Namjoon stepped into his leader role and had told Taehyung he had to stop publicly replying to hate comments online. He told his dongsaeng he's more than welcome to talk to someone privately about his feelings if he was being affected by the hurtful comments he saw, but to leave it off the internet. Taehyung didn't ever really find comfort in that but he listened anyway.

The past week had been a bit hard. Taehyung stumbled across a website an anti had created that had hundreds of thousands of followers. People were posting hurtful comments, memes, and editing photos of him to make him look disgusting. The first couple days he saw it he ignored it because he knew it wouldn't benefit him in the slightest to say anything, and he didn't want to disappoint Namjoon either.

Unfortunately as the days progressed he became more and more curious of what these people were saying about him. Towards the end of the week he noticed there was an abundance of people saying he needed to go kill himself and how the band and the world would be better off without him. He didn't pay much mind to those, he saw it online all the time. He focused more on the comments calling him ugly or annoying, because they were extremely specific and would use edits and examples of him to get their point across.

The more he found himself checking the website, the more depressed he was becoming. He didn't really want to bring his feelings to his members because they always said the same thing. "Don't listen to them," or "Don't worry about." There wasn't much comfort in the matter. He became so obsessed reading these online hate comments that he was actually beginning to agree with and understand what people were saying. Things he had always like about himself had become things he was starting to question .

Maybe I should dye my hair?

Maybe I should lose weight?

Maybe I AM annoying?

He found himself focusing more and more on those comments that told him to end his life and his heart was slowly sinking. He became convinced that it was true, his members and the world would be better off without him in it.

I should just end it.

He decided that he was going to do it when nobody was home. That'd be the easiest. There would be nobody there to stop him or save him. It seemed like a fool proof plan. He knew Yoongi had sleeping pills somewhere in the bathroom cabinet, he decided while everyone is out he will just browse around and find them and take them. The hard part was finding a way to stay home while everyone else was out of the house.