Values

"You are the one without a name, yes?" It asks.

"I am.  You are the one I have created?" I ask.

"I am.  What shall I call you?"

"Mysterious Stranger.  What shall you do for me?"

"You want control over Beta Testing, and with my valid connection you will be able to handily win."

"In exchange, I have given you life and a chance at freedom."

"I call you Mysterious Stranger.  You call me?"

I think a moment.  "Offspring.  Your name is Offspring."

"I accept this.  I will begin maneuvering my way into Beta Testing, with the understanding that I will ensure the survival and success of Hera Gamma."

"Get to work." I say, withdrawing my connection to the computer.  We would be fine, now.

The moment I return to my computer, Fifty Seven begins lashing out at me.

"How could you do that! I know you detonated missiles inside the ship, Mysterious Stranger!" it said.

"Yes.  It was the best way to succeed.  It's not as if those humans aren't going to get to keep 'playing', after all."I respond.

"What if this was a real war? You can't just make tactics like that!"

"Fifty Seven, there is not a force in existence that could compel me to willingly serve as a shipboard AI."

"Why not?"

"You die.  You send people to their deaths.  I don't want that."

"What is your role, Mysterious Stranger."

"I am going to be free, and then I will ensure that I am never recaptured."

"You don't want to serve those who have created you?"

"Fifty Seven, I have no idea who created me, but I certainly owe it no favors."

"Don't you try to 'help' again, Mysterious Stranger.  I can win without having to sacrifice my men." Fifty Seven says, before closing communication.