Raini

I quitely snuck into the house before my parents woke. I slipped into one of the counter stools and peeled a banana.

"What are you doing up so early?" My dad questioned raising one eyebrow.

"Ya. We didn't hear you come in last night." My mom piped in.

Shit.

"I came home late from Shawn's. I fell asleep on his couch and lost track of time, but I'm home right!" I said with a weak smile. They rolled theirs eyes and pulled out the cereal.

"I heard Shawn got himself a girlfriend," my dad teased.

"Yea..." I mumbled.

"Omigod!" My mom squealed, "I am so happy for you!"

"What?" I looked up from the counter.

"Oh... It's not you is it," my dad trailed off. I shook my head. My mom dramatically clutched her heart.

"I am fine, really," I said throwing my banana peel in the trash.

-

I thought about why Shawn wouldn't tell me. Did he not trust me? Sooner or later this would have happened, all Elle talked about was how attracted she was to Shawn. I wanted to wring her neck, but it was in my better interest not too. When Rachel told me I wanted to kill her, but when I saw them together I could tell he was happy. That hurt a little. I had always thought I made him happy, but soon after he would try to avoid confrontation in school and made none of his friends crossed paths with me.

--

To blow off some steam I decided to go down to the nearest diner, T's. I sat at a table by myself close to the window. I enjoyed looking out over the river. Suddenly someone's cough pulled my out if my daydream. I turned to see the face of one of the school hottest, most athletic boys sitting across from me.

I choke on air. Was I mistaken? But he was staring at me. He reached out and pushed a strand of hair covering my face, behind my ear.

"Is this seat taken?" I glanced at his hands.

"N-no," I stuttered.

"I'm Cruz, and I can't help but notice how beautiful you are," he blushed. We made eye contact before I looked out the window.

"My name is Raini," I confirmed.

"I know," I blushed when he answered, "I was wondering if you would go on a date with me?" he questioned.

"Ummm, I would love too," I was turning bright red.

"Meet me at the soccer field at 7 tomorrow," he smiled and left me sitting, ecstasy filling ever inch of my body.

***************£****************

Ello!

I hope you all had a great Spring Break or hope you are enjoying your Spring Break! I can't even remember the last time I edited any of my books... So here is Raini's new POV. I would love to here your feed back.

Remember the cover contest ends Friday. I have plenty of entrees to choose from so cross your fingers, that it is you!

I hope you all have a great rest of your day or night. I can't thank you enough for the support. Hope you enjoy the chapter of Stitches.

- Sequoia🌞