Argument (and Solution)

(A/N: Trigger warning! Mentions cutting and self-harming behavior.)

Sighing, you looked through the open door on your left. Your coworker, Mike, was flipping through the cameras, his face straight as he looked through halls and rooms. Making sure he wasn't watching you, you rolled up a (color) sweater sleeve and examined the deep scars in your flesh. One scratch had begun to bleed, and you pressed your sleeve against it to stop the bleeding.
"Close the right door," Mike said. Running to the door, you slammed it in Chica's face as a groan escaped from behind her plastic orange beak.
"Left door," He said, and you shut it on Bonnie's purple face. Mike slid his chair to the right door and opened it, and you reopened the left door as Bonnie disappeared down the hall.
"Foxy's about to run," He said. Sure enough, you could the animatronic fox seated on the stage's ledge, outside of his curtains.
There was a sudden ache in your arm again, and another cut had opened and was bleeding. You grabbed a tissue out of your pocket and shoved it under your sleeve, trying to cover the wound. You did not hear the patter of feet, or Mike calling for the door to be closed.
Then Foxy burst in, shrieking so loud you thought your ears would burst. Mike made a bold move and sprinted up to the broken-down robot, kicking him back and slamming down the door.
"What were you thinking, (y/n)?! You almost got us killed! What were you even doing? We could have been dead, bleeding out of a damn Fazbear suit for the rest of our lives!" Stepping back as Mike yelled out at you, you were not sure how to answer. This was just like what your father used to do...
"I might even be fired, because that stupid fox might have broken! And this is the only job I have to keep my apartment paid off! You're probably risking my job..." His voice trailed off after he made a quick motion with his hand, as he saw you cowering with your hands over your face. Trying to stifle a sob, a few tears rolled down your cheeks. This is not what you wanted at all; this was a terrifying memory brought back to life.
"(y/n)... I..." Kneeling to where you were crouched, he gently moved your hands from your face, "I'm really sorry, (y/n)... I just..." He paused again after your sleeve had rolled down a bit, exposing some of the marks you left.
"What... happened?" He asked, holding you hand gently. Sniffling, you wiped away tears and began to tell about your life.
"My mother and father were abusive... They hit me and shouted and pushed me around, and argued with me when I could never respond. When I became a little older, I cut myself because I truly believed I wasn't worth anything... like they said, like the school bullies said, like everyone said..."
"Hey, I'll be here for you..." Mike said, pulling you into his embrace. Hugging him back, you felt as if a small weight were being lifted from you... as if something very good had happened to you.
"Look, (y/n), I've loved you from the first time I saw you; but I can never confess because I'm such a dick..." Mike said, looking away a bit. It was the first time you had ever seen him blush... He was pretty cute.
"Of course I love you, Mikey. Even if you're a dick~" You said, giggling. It was refreshing to laugh and joke a round after such a long time...
Your future seemed much brighter now, and it was all thanks to Mike.