Chapter 14:

Anna walked in Jacob's room the next morning. She walked in to see him sprawled on the bed, bleeding with a blade laying on his chest. Tears rushed down his face as he slept.

"Jacob?" she whispered. He didn't respond. "Jacob!" she whispered a little louder. "Jacob!" she screamed. 

He immediately shot up. "What?" he said.

"What did you do?" he didn't respond.

"Why? Why would you do this? You're not me! You can't do this to yourself!" Jacob sat in silence, then burst into tears.

"I'm sorry!" he screamed. Anna walked over and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I need you Jacob. I can't let you hurt yourself." Anna took the blade from his hand. 

"I want you to remember that every time you hurt yourself, I will do the same. Your pain is my pain and I can not let you suffer alone." 

Anna said as she rose the blade beside her head. "Anna wh..." but before he could finish, Anna buried the blade deep into her wrist. She gritted her teeth to keep from screaming.

"No!" Jacob screamed. He took the blade from her.

"This is insane! We can't do this to each other! We're gonna end up dead!" Jacob was now screaming at the top of his lungs. He gripped her shoulders and shook her.

"I'm not gonna let anything happen to you. Anna I need you! You're the only thing keeping me alive! Please don't do this!" Anna felt tears drops hitting her skin. 

"Why Jacob? I bet you'd be better off without me. All I do is cause pain in your life. Everything that happens to me, effects you. I don't like it! I love you too much to let something happen to you!"

Anna let her body collapse to the ground as she began screaming and crying. Jacob grabbed her arm and tried to pick her off the floor, but she fought him and continued to scream. She went into panic mode. Jacob heard Clara rushing up the steps. He quickly hid the blood and blade before she burst through the door. She knelt beside Anna.

"Anna!" she screamed, shaking her.

"Whats going on?" she asked Jacob. 

"She's having a panic attack!" Jacob said. Clara pressed Anna's head to her shoulder and slowly rubbed the back of her head.

"Shhhhh." she said over and over. Anna began to calm down. Clara helped Anna to her feet and sat her on the bed. She made Jacob leave the room so they could talk.

"Anna, whats going on with you? Why are you doing this?" Clara said. Anna bit her lip. 

"I'm sorry. I know I'm screwing up your life. I know that you don't need this. I'm too much. I need to go back to my dad. I'm sorry. Thank you for trying, but its not use. I'm just gonna go back." Anna rose to her feet and tried to walk off, but Clara grabbed her arm and pulled her back.

"I forbid you to go back to him. You're not too much. I just need to better understand you." Clara said.

"You wanna understand me Clara? Huh?" Anna's voice held anger and pain. "Understand this. I don't want to live anymore. I want to stab myself until I bleed out! I want to rid Jacob of all memory of me so he isn't faced with this pain anymore. I want to rip my heart out and shatter it to pieces. I want to die." the words hit Clara like a truck. She was speechless. Anna stood and walked out of the room. She ran down the steps and out the door. She pulled out her phone and texted her dad.

Anna: Forget it. I'll come home

Michael: I thought you'd come around

A few minutes later, Michael pulled up and motioned for Anna to get in. Just as she slammed the door, she noticed Jacob running down the street, screaming her name. "Anna no!" he screamed. He jerked on the door handle.

"Open this damn door!" he screamed with everything in him, but it was no use. Michael sped off, leaving Jacob standing in the middle of the street. He dropped to his knees and began screaming and pulling at his hair.

"I'm..." Anna began, but was stopped as her dad slapped her in the face.

"I don't want apologizes. I'm getting rid of you once and for all."

Anna's heart sank, but all she could do was nod and say "Okay."