Prologue

Bright flashing red, white, and blue lights hit my eyes causing temporary blindness.

All around me everyone was screaming, "Cops! Run!"

I turned and took off running. Spots still in my eyes. I can't be caught, I'll be so screwed this time! My parole officer is going to literally kick my ass. Luckily I know this alley way like the back of my hand. As I ran I could still hear the commotion behind me. I glanced back and saw three cops following.

"Shit!" I growled.

I picked up my speed and turned the corner onto a street. I was still blocks away from my friends house and home and my lungs were already on fire. All of a sudden I was pulled into another street where a guy acted like he was kissing me. The cops stopped and glanced at us and he looked up. I recognized him from some where.

"Problem officers?" He asked smiling.

His smile was so convincing it was insane how bright it was. I actually believed it. They're flashlights shinned in my face and I buried it in his chest.

"Have you seen a young lady maybe fifteen to seventeen years of age run by here?" He asked.

"No. But you're scaring my girlfriend, sir. She doesn't like bright lights flashing her in the face. May I ask if we're in danger? Should I get us out of these allies? We were just walking back to my car." He asked putting a protective panic into his voice.

"We aren't sure if the suspect has any weapons. But it was a drug deal gone wrong. It would be best to head on home... Both of you." He said.

"Thank you officer." He said. He wrapped his arm around me and rushed me out of the alley and into his car. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah. Fine." I responded starring at him.

"You don't have weapons right?" He asked.

"No. This was a calm exchange till the cops showed up. Who the hell are you?" I asked once the cops disappeared around the corner of another alley.

He let a small grin trace his perfect face. His dark brown hair was spiked up in the front. His smooth brown eyes shimmered with amusement like I was a comedian or something. His soft, plush lips looked so tender and loving. I glanced down and saw his muscular body... I have to admit, he was hot.

"I'm Dallas Blake." He said.

"Wait, you go to Scythe right?" I asked.

Scythe is the name of my high school. Scythe Genei High School. Named after the person who built it. It's only a couple years old so we met the guy who built it. He's a smug son of a bitch. I'm a Sophomore so he built it when I was in eighth grade.

"Yeah. What about you? Do you have a name?" He asked.

"Everyone's got a name. It's just about weather or not you know it." I grinned.

"Do I get to hear it?" Dallas asked.

 "I have three actually. Ali, Erin, and Rebel. But you can call me Erin. I don't know you well enough to be Ali and we aren't best friends so it can't be Rebel." I said.

"Where'd you get those names, Erin?" He asked starting the car.

It was cold out, almost below freezing, I believe.

"Ali Gabriella Erin. Ali first name. Erin last. Rebel was given to me by my friends." I responded with a sigh.

"Well, Erin. Do you want a ride home? The cops are still looking for you." He asked.

"Isn't this like... Stranger Danger or something. Remember Mr. Nice Dude. Don't play with fire, or do drugs, always read the labels before drinking something, taking candy from a stranger is a no no, don't get in a random person's 1960 Chevy Corvette, but the most important thing was don't talk to strangers. I guess that would make sense because two of the others wouldn't happen." I said starting to ramble.

He laughed at my monologue.

"It was Cool Dude. And as far as I know we've already broken three things." Dallas said.

"Want to add another? I'm starving. Got any food?" I asked.

He grabbed his bag and shuffled through it.

"I have a sandwich that I didn't eat from dinner." He offered pulling it out.

I laughed and grabbed it, only to take a couple bites and then hid it in my jacket pocket.

"What are you doing out at one in the morning in downtown Omaha Nebraska with a car like this? You're going to get yourself mugged." I said chuckling.

"I work in the boxing club over there. It closes at Midnight and I had closing tonight. So... That's why I'm here. What about you Erin?" He asked.

"You got a job? But isn't your uncle, like, filthy rich. They live in those mansions in the middle of no where or something, right?" I asked.

"So you do know that background. How?" He asked.

"Everyone knows your Uncle. You're last name, Blake, everyone knows. He's the governor." I said.

"I don't let my Aunt and Uncle pay for my stuff. I try to work for most of it. This, however, was my dads. I had to fix her up and she would be mine. So she's mine." He said.

"She?" I asked.

"Yep. This is my baby." He grinned over at me.

"Boys, they all say that about their car. I don't get it." I chuckled.

"So. Do you want a ride home or would you rather go have a nice race with the cops again?" He asked.

"A ride sounds amazing. Thank you." I said.

"Where do you live?" He stated.

"Drive to Scythe and I'll direct you from there." I offered.

He nodded and took off driving. I have to admit... This car is gorgeous. The driver is pretty hot to. But definitely not my type. He's too... High class for me. He would never go for a girl like me.