XXII

Asʜᴇ ᴀɴᴅ Mᴀᴠɪs

"Ugh.."Ashe deadly moans with his face to the desk and a book near his head. It was an early morning for him and M/n but the work hasn't started yet, which made M/n confused.
"Um Ashe, we haven't started yet and it's only two books for the day. We're going to be done before midday."

"It's not that, trust me. I'm more than happy to deal with just two books... It's just.." He inhales deeply as something causes him to stop mid-sentence for a moment. A gentle voice chuckled in the back of M/n's mind, he knew it was Dilandau but didn't know why they were chucking.
"Ashe?"

"Do you have a random person in your subconscious? Because I do!"

"Same, their name is Dilandau. Such a sweetheart."

"Her name is Mavis and she's driving me insane when she chooses to be heard!!"M/n felt lucky to have his nice and sweet primordial being but felt bad for Ashe.
"Sounds like fun."

"Like hell it is! This woman tells corny jokes whenever she gets the chance."Ashe pinches the bridge of his nose while fighting the urge to slam his head against the sturdy book on the desk.
❝M/n, take his hand, I wish to speak with Mavis!❞

"Oi, hand."

"Huh?"M/n rolled his eyes and held out his hand for Ashe to take, a voice chants in the blondie's ear for him to take it. He does but only to make the excitable woman stop. When their hands connected, both males were hit with a wave of drowsiness and fell asleep at the desk.
"Mavis dear, it's been too long!"

"Hehe! Indeed it has, I can't believe we get to see each other so quickly!"M/n sat up before Ashe, still, a dead look in his eyes now that the woman's voice was much more prominent that the ghostly whispers he heard before.
"Too much energy..."

"Good luck with having kids later on in life."M/n pokes at Ashe while he turns to get a view of the two primordial gods. His eyes scan for a moment, just like before, a world of flowers and a light blues sky. His eyes finally land on the others but mainly on Mavis.

 His eyes finally land on the others but mainly on Mavis

"Oh! So that's what Mavis looks like."

"Holy shit, they would definitely be supermodels in our world."Ashe comments after sitting up from the Inteyvats to see for himself. M/n found it strange, both primordial beings had markings but were different and they held a light glow.
"Mavis is the being of Pyro, that much is obvious but she had horns.."

"So a dragon?"

"Possibly."The two speculate for a moment before Mavis waves them over to join in the conversation.
"Hehe! Your host has an adorable personality!"

"How do you find sly adorable?!"

"Because he reminds me of Dilly!"Ashe gives Mavis a confused look before shaking his head to say never mind.
"Oh, you flatter me, darling, you and your host share the same indirect flirty attitude and near short temper."

"I see you still remember my attempts to woo you all those centuries ago!"

"Wow, that sounds familiar."M/n said smirking slyly at Ashe, it took a few seconds before he too remembers shooting his shot with M/n.
"Is it bad that we're basically the same?"

"Nope, that means everything is meant to be this way."M/n said chucking behind his hand. The blondie remakes that he can't wait for M/n and Yae Miko to meet in this world so he could how great they'll get along.
"Well, we've taken up enough of your time. I see you dropped the other research and picked up books about the primordial ones. With that, I wish you luck."

"That sounds very cryptic... What did I miss?"

"Those books must be for Sumeru, correct? If so, Lesser Lord Kusanali has a strange way of protecting her people from Asmoday. Meaning that majority of the research material you have collected is about 85% incorrect."As Dilandau smiles, M/n's smile drops and anger boils.
"ARE YOU-" M/n starts out but before he could continue his yelling in their subconscious he sprang up from his sleep screaming.
"FUCKING KIDDING ME RIGHT?!"

"AHH!?"Venti screams back while dropping a few books he brought up that Lisa asked for him to give M/n.
"Uh, why did you just scream?"

"Because it suddenly dawned on me that these books are from Sumeru, meaning that most if not all of the information isn't correct!!
UUUAAAAGGHHHHH!!!!"

"Oh, dear Archons...Then what do you want me to do with this?"

"Ugh...Put it on the table and if you can my love, bring a pot of coffee. It's going to be a long day.."