Backstory

Important Message-

This chapter takes place four months before the beginning of this book. It will cover what happened to start the zombie breakout and what happened afterward. 

It had been two months since Scott and Hope were married. Hank didn't love the idea of his daughter marrying a criminal, but he allowed it. On the day that Hank planned to bring Janet back from the quantum realm, Scott and Hope found out some interesting information.

Hope was pregnant.

They were both happy and excited. They planned on telling Hank once Janet had been brought back. But sadly, it wasn't meant to be.

The quantum vessel did return, but Hope's parents didn't. Zombies did. And then, they attacked.

They went for Scott first. 

"Hope, get out of here!" He yelled, fighting them off. 

"No! I won't leave you!" She cried. 

"Yes, you will." He said, pulling out a shrinking disc. He shrunk the structure's main support beam and the building started to collapse. "Hope, you need to go!' He yelled. 

"I can't leave you! You'll die!" She said, tears falling. "Maybe, but you won't." He said. The building started shaking violently. She had to get out of there. She didn't want to, but her baby's life mattered more. She ran out of the building seconds before it fell. She fell to the ground and cried. 

Her husband was gone.

~~~1 hour later~~~

She pulled herself together and ran to Cassie's house. Her heart stopped when she saw the door broken down and blood on the walls. She called out for her stepdaughter, but there was no response. Then Maggie and Paxton came into view. But they weren't them. They were zombies. "No!" She cried. Cassie was gone too.

She had lost her husband and daughter on the same day. 

She ran out of the house and back to the collapsed building. She thought that maybe, just maybe, Scott could have survived. She dug through the debris but found nothing. Not even her parents' or Scott's bodies.

They were gone.

She went to the only people that she had left. She arrived at the X-Con office to find it in shambles. She walked in further and saw Dave's body on the floor. He had a bullet through his chest. It wasn't Dave's body though. He was a zombie. 

"Who's there?" Someone demanded from behind her. 

She turned and saw Luis and Kurt pointing guns at her. 

"Hope?" Luis asked, tilting his head. 

"I'm so glad that you two are okay!" She said, hugging them. 

"What happened? Where's Scotty?" He asked. Tears welled up in her eyes. "Scott's gone." She choked out. "Scott is dead?" Kurt asked. She didn't respond, instead, she cried. 

She explained what happened. They were sad about Scott, but the news that Cassie was gone broke their hearts. 

"What happened to Dave?" She asked. 

"One of those zombie things got him. He told us to shoot him before he could kill us." Luis explained. 

"Is it okay if I stay here with you two? I have nowhere else to go." She asked. "Of course! You always welcome here." Kurt said in broken English. "Thank you." She said gratefully. 

Hope, Kurt, and Luis stayed safe in the X-Con office for the next month.

But then, it got Luis.

Luis went to gather supplies, but when he came back, he was infected and starting to turn. 

"Hope, I need you to shoot me. Now. If you don't, I'll kill you both." He said breathing heavily. 

"No, Luis! You're all I have left of him. Please!" She cried. 

He nodded and before pulling the trigger, he said, "Scott will always be with you. He loved you too much to leave you completely." He pulled the trigger and fell to the floor. "No!" She cried. A few minutes later, Kurt and Hope heard someone trying to break into the office. "Kurt, get behind me." She ordered, her Wasp suit still on.

Seconds later, she saw a group of five people. Actual people. "Are you survivors?" She asked. She heard the group murmuring stuff like, "It's okay, they're not zombies." Then a kid, about sixteen, came towards her and Kurt. "Hi, I'm Spiderman. This is Bucky, Okoye, Sharon, and Happy. We are here looking for survivors. Is there anyone else?" He asked. Hope shook her head. 

They joined the group and went to a safe house a couple of blocks away from Bleecker Street.

"What's your name?" Peter asked Kurt. "Kurt." He answered. "And who are you?" Bucky asked walking over to Hope, clearly interested in her. "Hope van Dyne." She answered. "So are you alone, or is Russian boy with you?" He asked. She didn't respond, she just walked away. "Idiot," Kurt murmured. "How so?" Bucky asked. When he saw that Hope had left the room, he explained. "Her husband did not make it. She lost him at beginning of all this. She don't like talk about him." 

From that day on, none of them brought that subject up ever again.

Occasionally, she would talk about Scott without revealing their marriage. There was one time that Hope thought she was alone in the safe house and started to cry. The rest of the group saw her breakdown over the security cameras.

"Why did he have to go? Why did this have to happen? I could've saved him!" She cried. Happy felt bad because he had asked her about her husband and what happened to him.

She never showed it in front of the others, but she was constantly scared or heartbroken. 

What if something happened and her baby died? What would happen if she was infected?

She never told the group about the pregnancy. Kurt didn't even know about it. 

She was fortunate. She was four months along, but her baby bump barely showed at all.

She decided that she would tell the others, but then they found Bruce. Another survivor to add to the group. Later, they left New York to find the source of a signal that they received. More survivors. And then she got infected. 

She knew that she wasn't going to make it. So she helped the others get to where they needed to go. 

If she died, she could at least be with Scott and her baby in death. Away from all of the zombies and carnage.

When she turned, her mind went blank. At one point, she thought that she could see Scott. And then she blacked out.

She just wanted to have a life, a family, with Scott. 

Was that so much to ask for?

                                                                  Author's Note

Here is the backstory! And yes, ClawenSuperFan, Hope is pregnant!