Chapter 26: I Am Izuku Midoriya!

"Izuku Midoriya, you're out."  Aizawa stated.

"  Aizawa stated

"W-what...?"  Izuku muttered.

"W-wait Sensei, you said that the person in last place in all the test would be expelled!"  Ochako yelled out.

"Midoriya-kun was exceptional in every single test!"  Tenya declared.

"You saw for yourself didn't you Aizawa-Sensei!?"  The pink skinned girl yelled out.

"This isn't fair!"  The red haired boy yelled out.

"I also said that those I deem without potential will be expelled.  You all just assumed I would only expel the one that came in last place."  Aizawa replied.  "Izuku Midoriya, why are you even here?"

"I-I...  I dont..."  Izuku stuttered.

"You probably thought that by getting first place, you'd be the last person to ever be expelled, right?  The goal of this test was never about winning anything, it was about to see where you currently stand with your quirk.  Yet, all I saw was you aiming for the top score over everyone else."  Aizawa angrily stated.  "It seems this whole scholarship and record breaking business has gone to your head...  Everyone here unlike you; has only one quirk that they have practiced with for years, they've come here to learn how to use that singular quirk in any type of situation in order to save lives.  Yet all I see is you treating this as if it was just some big game."

Izuku couldn't answer, let alone breath.  His breaths were getting heavier and heavier as the life in his eyes begin to diminish.

"I've been watching you since the exam, you have quite a powerful quirk.  However, you can't use your quirk without this thing, right?"  Aizawa said as his scarf lifted up Izuku's Omnitrix.  "If I remember correctly, you can only stay in each form for ten minutes, before timing out and needing 5 minutes to recharge.  Tell me, do you plan to just play hero for ten minutes at a time and become a hinderance to everyone after?"

"Wait... those goggles, this scarf, those eyes... why didn't I see it before!?"  Izuku thought to himself.  "This man... he's the Erasure hero, Eraserhead, an underground pro hero!"

"Heroes are always risking their lives for the greater good, some of them have less powerful quirks than yours, yet they use their quirks that they've trained for years all for the sake of saving people.  But all I've seen during this test is your reliance on this device, you've built your entire confidence and plan around having this on your wrist, as well as those strange forms you take on.  You have a powerful quirk, anyone can see that.  But you're nothing but a liability after 10 minutes of using it, that's all I saw during the tests."  Aizawa explained to the still silent Izuku.  "Support gear functions in order to further extend or work in contrast with the already pre-existing abilities of a hero, but if you're nothing without this device, than maybe you shouldn't have it at all.  Being a hero is more than just beating villains, it's about saving lives and that is no game, something you seemed to miss during the test.  That's why, Izuku Midoriya... as of right now, you're not worthy of being a hero."