the meat n potatoes of this shit

me and my little sister, we'll call her elle, are trick or treating at a different neighborhood. 

"ooh can we go to that house on the hill?" elle asked. 

"sure!" i say. the vibes a bit creepy but nothing too bad. 

..

*knock knock* 

"trick or treat!" we shout. the door opens to reveal a pretty sheep lady dressed as a witch. 

"oh hello little children, come in! we have candy for you inside." i shoot a quick, 'do we dip or not' glance at elle. she shrugs and waltzed in. i reluctantly follow. "that's my husband, the pumpkin rabbit! you can call him pumpkin if you'd like." she points to a hella off putting and tall orange rabbit. 

"hey pumpkin." i wave. 

"hello little bunny. you seem uptight. it's okay, we don't bite." he said emotionlessly. elle walked towards him to shake his hand. i watch her like a hawk. these guys are weird, but the pumpkin guy scared me the most. out of the corner of my eye i see a clown guy. he just kinda smiled and waved at me. i wave back and turn back to my sister. 

"we came in here for candy dude. can we have it now?" i asked, trying my absolute hardest not to sound hostile. 

"oh yes, candy. i'll go grab it, little ones. you stay here, mkay?" she skipped away. 

"i'll make sure she doesn't drop the candy." he followed the lady. 

"elle, once we get this candy we're getting the hell outta here." i whisper.

"yeah, i knew something was up, i just act better than you." elle whisper-snickered.

"oh come on children, it won't be that bad." a deep voice said. i whipped my head around to see the tall orange bunny again. "take your candy." he said, practically shoving the bowl of off brand meijers candy and pretzels in my face. cheap. i snatch a kitk- i mean, chocolate wafer and dump it into my bag. elle grabbed some too. the bunny smiled and put the bowl on the coffee table. "now little children, why don't we take a picture of you to remember you? all the little trick or treaters take them!" the rabbit said. 

"this isn't picture day." elle muttered and turned around. i shook my head and looked at the wall to see some other pictures. staring at the pictures, i realized something. 

why would you need to remember trick or treaters when they come back next year? 

i looked back at the furry- i mean, rabbit with a neutral expression even though i was fearing for my little sister and i's lives. i turn back 

"are those photos of the other kids?" i ask, recognizing one of their faces as one of the children that went missing. 

"mhm! darling, aren't they?" the pumpkin rabbit smiled. i knew he was getting suspicious, so i acted like i thought the picture was a good idea. 

"well, if other kids took the picture and turned out just fine, i guess we can too! sure, we'll take the pictures." i agreed. elle gave me the 'you are outta your goddamn mind' look. i gave her as warm and as much of a motherly 'do it you'll be fine' look as i could muster. she slowly nodded and huddled in for a picture. 

"1... 2... 3... cheese!" the rabbit said. i snickered.

*CRASH!*

thunder struck, making elle jump in fear. she hates thunderstorms. i looked out the window to see it absolutely pouring. "alright, we gotta go now. our parents will wo-"

 "little bunnies, why don't you two stay here for the night?" trix the rabbit grinned. okay, last straw. 

"listen here, cheeto furry, you're hella creepy. 1. you invite children into your home and ask them to stay the night. 2. why do you need to remember trick or treaters when they'll come back next year? 3. the way you address children is already kinda creepy. im tired of your bullshit. goodbye." i grab elle's wrist and push her to the door. "run!" 

she runs to the door and turns the knob, but the little clown dwarf thing dashes after her. luckily, i happen to be carrying a wrench on me. "back the fuck off my sister with your ronald mcdonald built ass!" i shout, banging on its head and giving elle just enough time to swing open the door. 

"no no little children, come back!" the rabbit starts bolting after us. luckily, it has human speeds. we make it out of the house and elle looked to be kind of confused.

"ELLE, LEFT WHEN YOU GET TO THE BOTTOM!" i shout, remembering that that was the direction the car was in. i turn around and hurl the wrench at the orange blur. it stops for a moment, a quick 'ouch!' coming out of its mouth. i see a grey figure start rushing in our direction as well. 

i whip my head back around to see elle doing just fine, at the bottom of the hill. "KEEP RUNNING!" i shout, though i doubt she'll stop. once i catch up with her, i give more directions to where i remember the car being. 

"oh my god, there it is!" elle says, or at least tries to. we finally made it to the vehicle. 

"oh elle and nuu (not my real name broskis), i was so worried! why weren't you answering your phone?" she asks, relief apparent on her face. i dug my hands into my pockets. where's my phone? did that crusty orange peel take it from me?! whatever, doesn't matter. 

"sorry momma, i guess my ringer was off or somethin." i apologize. 

"where the hell...o kitty are your father and brother?" my mother asked, huddling us into a group. 

"th-there." elle points to them trekking up the hill to go to the house on top of it. 

"oh dear. why there?" i ask, annoyed at whatever made them go to that house. i'm sure they'll be fine. he's my brother. nobody would wanna kidnap someone as annoying as him anyway. 

(this is my first like, serious fanfic so pls don't judge ik it's kinda bad lol)