Chapter 1 : Eros/Cupid

Eros ( air - rose )

"Eros ! Get down here NOW !" My mom yelled

I hopped out of bed and rushed down stairs to see what all the commotion was about.

"Yes momma?" I asked as I made my way to the kitchen

"Come here girl"

I made my way over to the the stove where she was standing and looked at her milk chocolate skin. I loved my momma to death and at times I even envied her gorgeous looks but I knew eventually I was going to look just like her since everyone said I favored her more than my poppa. Her naturally curly shoulder length hair surrounded her clear chocolate face. To top it off she had these pearly white teeth that she showed off every time she smiled. She has a model body so she isn't thick like the other girls moms at school but me and my dad love her even more for that .

"Why did your school call me today and say you missed first and second period ?" She asked mad as hell " I know you left this house on time this morning Eros McKnight"

I had completely forgot that the school called and reported when you were absent so I was stuck. My mom didn't play that and I knew it but my damn home girls talked me into chilling with them since it was 4/20 .

"Momma I - " I tried to say until she cut me off

"Dont momma me Eros. Your getting too bold when it comes to disobeying me. All I ask of you is to go to school and bring home good grades. You have no chores and we won't allow you to get a job. Me and your father work hard to keep this roof over your head and food in your mouth. Just because your turning 18 next month doesn't mean I won't beat the breaks out of you. Now let me find out you've done it after this talk and I promise you won't live to tell the story "

She looked at me sternly while I wiped the built up tears away causing her to soften her face and pull me into a hug.

" I'm only hard on you because no one was hard on me and it caused me to go through a lot more battles then I should have had to in life " she said

I shook my head understanding as my phone began to blast from upstairs. I moved back from her embrace and shot upstairs causing her to laugh at me

She just wanna shake something
Girl that ass gon' make money
Ooh she wildin', wildin'
She do her thang, thang
Said she like it raw, beat that pussy up
You ain't never fuck a thug
You gon' fall in in love
A bottle of that liquid courage on the way now

I grabbed my phone and answered without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello ?"

"Hey Rose , you wanna come over and chill with me and Serenity today ? " my best friend Phoebe asked

"Sure let me ask my mom tho"

I rushed down the stairs and asked her , getting her approval , then rushed back upstairs & told phoebe I'd be there in a few.

***********

We rode around Miami in my 2014 Nissan altima coupe trying to find somewhere to chill while Ryda by The Game & Dej Loaf blasted through the speakers.

Hit Rodeo, probably throw a couple bags at ya
In my 2Pac voice - I ain't mad at ya
Take the wheel, see if you can drive while I eat it
My fitted flew off, but I dont need it, tell me what I need

You need a bitch that's gonna blast, spend cash with ya
Same time fuck good, drop ass for you
Yeah, I ride it like rah-rah-rah-rah
Eat the pussy like la-la-laaaa

Why you gotta tell a nigga business
Fine nigga Friday, you know a nigga live this

I decided I wanted ice cream from Creamz so I headed that way. As we pulled up the parking lot was full as always but I managed to catch someone pulling out and took the spot. We walked in and picked the ice cream we wanted then took a seat in the back corner starting our conversation.

"So Rose , you and Donte looked pretty comfortable this morning " Serenity smiled saying

I emediatly blushed and put my head down. Donte was my weakness and I wanted him in the worst way. All the girls at school wanted him too but for some reason he was only giving me the time of day. He's the real reason why I agreed to skip yesterday. I heard him and a couple of his homeboys were going to have just a small get together at his house so my girls tried to talk me into going. It just so happens that there was only three of them so all of us had someone to be up under. Donte was mine. He made me feel so comfortable doing something I had never done before. I was sure that I wasn't going to skip school anymore but that boy made me think twice.