Chapter 2 : Best Friends ?

Eros

After me and my girls finished up our ice cream we headed to the local park. This is where all the baby mommas confronted their men , teenage girls faught over niggas that where playing them , drug dealers slung drugs , etc.

I parked and got out. My girls walked over to the bleachers while I put our purses in the trunk of my car. As I closed the trunk and turned around I damn near pushed this little girl down on accident. I was able to catch her before she hit the floor and emediatly started apologizing while she erupted into a fit of laughter as if I was tickling her. Her actions caused me to twist up my face in confusion. As she finished up her laugh she held her stomach ,wipeing the water from her eyes, and catching her breath .

"What was so funny?" I asked her
She looked at me and started laughing a little again " Your face was really funny. You looked so scared when you caught me. It looked like you were about to pee yourself "

I emediatly started laughing because I knew she was right. As we recovered from the laughter I started asking her questions to find out where she belonged.

"Who are you here with ?"

She smiled before responding " I'm here with my boo boo bear "

I turned my head confused at her actions once again.

She just smiled and grabbed my hand , leading me to the bleachers. She sat down gesturing for me to sit next to her. As I sat down she pointed to one of the players on the court.

"5"

I looked for the player with the number 5 shirt on. It was a sexy red dread head on the court. Just from the way he ran up and down the court I could tell he was fit. When he shot the ball and it went in she jumping up screaming excitedly causing him to look in our direction and smile. His smile turned into confusion when he layed eyes on me , noticing how close I was. He went back to playing the game and I looked at her as she smiled at him. Idk who he was to her but you could tell she loved him to death.

My girls soon spotted me and made their way over.

"Damn rose , we leave you for 10 minutes and you adopt somebody kid ?" Serenity said

"Shut up Serenity " Pheobe said. Then directed her attention to the little girl " Hi honey "

She vigorously waved her hand while smiling causing all of us to laugh.

"What's her name " they both asked

I shrugged my shoulders because I hadn't even asked her. They shook their head and asked her. She responded Angel. I couldn't help but to smile because I could tell her name had a deep meaning behind it just from the way she said it so proud. They found out a little bit more about her while the game was coming to an end. Her name is Angel , she's 5 years old , she just moved here and her mommy passed away . We hadn't even noticed the tall , caramel skinned , dread head walk up to us until he cleared his throat chuckling.

We all turned around smiling

" Boo Boo Bear ! " Angel yelled jumping up on him

"Hey babygirl , you liked the game ? " he asked smiling

She shook her head yes and he laughed.

"So are you gonna introduce me to your friends little girl ?"
She laughed and introduced us one by one

"This is Pheobe , this is Eros & this is Serenity "

He greeted all of us and Serenity stuck her hand out for him to grab while she blushed and laughed. He stared at her and said his name.

King.

I can't lie I was a little jealous but then again how could I be ? That wasn't my man and on top of that I was focused on Donte. I let them continue to flirt and focused back on Angel. I noticed her hair was messy so I decided to fix it .

"Can you do it how my mommy used to do it ?"

King's head emediatly shot over to us leaving Serenity confused .

" I won't be able to do it how your mom does it because shes the only one that can do it that special way but I'll try and do something as equally cute , how does that sound ?" She smiled and shook her head yes .

I looked up and saw king smile and nod to me . I returned the gesture and continued doing her hair.

*************

By the time I was done giving Angel two big goddess breads made into a crown she was asleep in my lap . I smiled at her and looked around for king but he was gone as well as Serenity . I shook my head and asked Pheobe if she knew where they went. Just as she said no King walked back up . I plastered a smile on my face and laughed pointing at her .

"She's always sleeping if she isn't eating or talking " he laughed

I just smiled and allowed him to grab Angel off of my lap . As he held her she lifted her head and looked at me.

I smiled as she spoke "bye rose" I waved and told her to be good as they were walking off .

Serenity

They probably didn't even notice me walking back because they were so wrapped in their conversation. Sometimes I felt singled out by them. Everyone knows Pheobe & Rose were bestfriends before I came along . I know it would be hard showing both of us the best friend love we both wanted but its clear as day their bond will never loosen up to include me . I loved them both even tho I had my jealous moments towards Eros . I mean who wouldn't ? She's drop dead gorgeous with a perfect shape. She already has Donte on her arm and I was determined to at least have King . Even tho I tried keeping Kings attention I knew he was still really attracted to her , which is why I asked him to walk me around the park. Dont get me wrong , I'm not trying to end our friendship but it would be a lot easier to get attention if she wasn't so damn pretty and wealthy .