ii.

┏━━━━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━━━━┓
✧*̥˚     Dean's POV       *̥˚✧
┗━━━━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━━━━┛

Being at a party is horrendous when you can't drink.

I have this strange sensation that everything around me is moving in slow motion. It's like a scene from a movie - everyone is enjoying conversations over champagne, but time seems to crawl. You know how people often say that when you're drinking, everything feels slow?

Well, that doesn't really apply to me. Surprisingly, time actually goes even slower when I don't indulge in a drink. So, I find myself standing in the corner with my friends Ameila and Kai, deliberately avoiding the company of those entitled pricks. Kai, being the thoughtful friend he is, refrains from drinking around me so as not to influence my own drinking habits. On the other hand, Ameila couldn't care less about it all and elegantly chugs her glass without a second thought.

I've tried countless times to make Kai understand that his drinking won't convince me either, but he just won't listen. You know, that's what happens when your best friend has witnessed you at both your highest and lowest points. Kai has been my rock through thick and thin. Believe it or not, we've been friends since our kindergarten days at Orion Prep. I can still vividly recall our first meeting when he offered to sell me his second edition Batman action figure for 500 dollars. I couldn't resist and ended up saying yes. Funny enough, I still have that toy proudly displayed on a shelf in my old room at my parents' house.

Honestly, it hasn't been too long since I decided to stay sober; maybe around 5 days or so. Believe it or not, Juliette actually bet me that I couldn't make it to 2 weeks. The whole thing started when I woke up in bed with two girls and another guy. I'm guessing it was some sort of wild foursome, but honestly, I'd rather not dwell on that. The next morning, I went to breakfast with Juliette and she confidently placed a $300 bet against me.

One thing to know about me is that I occasionally struggle with excessive drinking. Sometimes, after a few drinks, I end up hooking up with random people—it's become somewhat of a routine for me. But hey, it's just how I roll. To be honest, I don't really have much interest in being tied down in a committed relationship anyway. Besides, I have to maintain my reputation as New York's most charming and sought-after bachelor.

The amount of women who want to be with me is insane.

Not to sound cocky or anything...

Tonight, I find myself at a cocktail party celebrating the grand opening of a brand new art gallery. To be honest, I wasn't particularly enthused about attending. However, since all my friends decided to attend, I couldn't resist joining them.

"You know my cousin Anthony?"

"Yeah" Kai hummed.

"I think he'd be perfect for Charly, they have similar personalities. Very head strong. When we go on my birthday trip we should have him tag along so they can met."

"You know you're not Cupid right?"

Amelia gave me a determined look and said, "I'm aware Dean. I'm only trying to help out a single friend."

Charlotte, or Charly as some prefer to call her, is another friend of ours. Just like me, she has been single for what feels like forever. And haven't been in a serious relationship in over 5 years. I may be a bit of a free spirit when it comes to dating, but that's just my thing. On the other hand, I don't think Charlotte is into casual flings like me. She probably has heaps of pent-up tension that she needs to release.