𝑥𝑥𝑖. ᴄᴏᴛɪʟʟɪᴏɴ

ᴄᴏᴛɪʟʟɪᴏɴ
𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑖𝑜𝑟

ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏᴜʀs ɪᴛ ᴛᴏᴏᴋ ꜰᴏʀ sᴀᴍ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ, she had arrived cotillion, her brown dress that she wore bringing out the stripe in her hair

ᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏᴜʀs ɪ ᴛᴏᴏᴋ ᴏʀ sᴀᴍ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ, she had arrived cotillion, her brown dress that she wore bringing out the stripe in her hair. The music blared as Sam walked close to Evie on the blue carpet. Carlos had swept her away to take their own pictures, before walking towards the party.

"I know the brown doesn't clash well, but Evie couldn't make a red one last minute." Sam muttered sadly, walking down a set of stairs as she held onto Carlos' arm.

He only smiled at her, grabbing her hands. "You look great, Sammy. Nothing to worry about." he spoke, a nervous smile appearing on his face. She nodded, leaning her head on his shoulder as they continued to speak to one another.

The couple waited until horns were heard, catching the crowd's full attention. The crowd looked to see Lumiere at the top of the staircase. "The future, Lady Mal!" the party began whispering as Carlos and Sam ran to stand beside Evie and Doug, Jay and Lonnie not following too far behind.

Mal walked out, in a beautiful blue and yellow dress, representing the colors of Auradon. Her hair was braided into a beautiful french braid, topping the look off with a crown. The crowd gasped at the sight of Maleficent's daughter. Evie began clapping, and soon, everyone else joined her, cheering for their future lady as she walked down the stairs.

She spoke to Ben's parents, before waddling down the two steps to meet her friends. Soon after, trumpets began blowing yet again, making the crowd turn back to the stairs.

"King Benjamin!" Lumiere announced, moving out of the way to reveal Ben, who looked oddly weird.

"Is it just me, or does it look like something's up?" Sam whispered to Carlos.

"It's not just you."

Ben's face looked pale, and monotone. It looked like he had no idea of what an emotion was. His eyes looked dull, and lifeless as he walked towards Mal.

"Mal, I wish i had time to explain." Ben looked towards the entrance, making everyone see Uma walk out, smiling nervously as she watched everyone's judgmental looks. Mal's smile quickly disappeared, being replaced with clouds of tears. The group looked around to each other, surprised and confused. Carlos looked to Sam, who only had an angry look on her face. He quickly took her hand in his own, trying to calm her down.

"I'm sorry." Ben spoke, revealing in his tone, that he wasn't really sorry. "It all happened so fast. Something happened to me when I was on the isle with Uma." Ben quickly looked to Uma dreamily. "A connection."

"What are you saying?" Mal whimpered, in a state of denial, not believing that the love of her life was betraying her right in front of her eyes.

"I'm saying—"

"It was love!" Uma interrupted, causing gasps to come from the audience. She chuckled in happiness. "It was."

"I just, I realized how alike Ben and I are, you know?" Uma expressed, looking Ben deeply in his eyes

"We are." Ben whispered as Uma let out a giggle.

"I know." She whispered back, as Mal watched the whole scene in front of her unfold, holding back the tears threading to spill.

"You're so beautiful."

"Ben."

The 'couple' kept complimenting each other, ignoring Mal completely, before she called his name a second time. "Ben." This time, Ben turned at the sound of her shaky voice.

Mal shook her head, holding back the pain. "Did you go back for her?" She asked, her question coming out softly as she held back the whimpers, or she would burst into tears completely.

"He didn't have to." Uma interrupted, answering before he could. "I dove through the barrier before it closed, and I'm an excellent swimmer so." Uma bragged. Ben looked at her, nodding along and complimenting her.

Mal looked at Uma in envy and anger, before looking at Ben with sadness and betrayal. Looking him in the eyes cause a couple tears to go by.

Uma walked closer to Mal, making Sam walk closer as well, not being able to get far as Carlos held her close by her waist. Now is not the time to have butterflies, she thought.

"Listen Mal." Uma grabbed her hand, making her gasp. "I just really want to thank you! I do." Uma chuckled as she saw Mal's eyes pile with more tears. "For everything." Uma stunned Mal as she pulled her into a hug.

"Don't you see Mal? You were right." Ben let out a dry laugh. "You knew that we weren't meant to be together! That's why you never told me you loved me."

As Ben got closer to Mal's face, Sam was able to squint, getting a closer look to see that Ben's eyes were covered with foggy clouds. Like this wasn't him talking.

What is it?

Uma gave her purse to someone on the side, before turning to dance with the king. Mal stood stunned, as Evie pulled Mal back sympathetically.

"Not too thrilled I risked my life for him." Carlos emphasized, looking at Ben with a hard glare.

"That makes two of us." Sam muttered.

What could it be?

"We're with you, Mal." Lonnie seethed, looking at Ben with a harsh glare as well.

Memory erase spell? No.

The group began piling out of the boat, ready to leave, until the group saw Jane run to Lumiere. Before they could make out what she said, he turned the attention to him.

"And now, for the unveiling of King Ben's masterpiece, designed especially for his lady." Lumiere winked, before the group turned around, seeing the beautiful glass pane. Mal couldn't help but let out a loud sob as she looked at it.

"Ben did that?" Mal asked.

"Yeah, he did." Evie replied with a smile.

"Evie!" Mal stepped further down the stairs, a sad smile overtaking her lips. "Ben's known who I was all along!"

"He loves you for who you always were, M." Sam smiled as she spoke. "A real true love."

"Told you." Carlos humored, making the group laugh. Before Sam was able to speak again, a light bulb went off in her head.

Love, love...

love spell.

UMA HAS BEN UNDER A LOVE SPELL!