Chapter 2: Deadpool VS The Batfamily

Next Day: Wayne Manor

Set in the afternoon, Cassandra Cain was currently in the kitchen sitting at the table. She was using her phone and currently had the napkin given to her yesterday by Alex in the other.

"And if you ever want to talk again...here's my number. But if you don't feel like talking and feel like doing something more...intimate. Then definitely call me."

Those words repeated in Cass's mind, and she couldn't help but have a small smile as she examined the number.

"Morning, Cass." A voice greets and she flips over the napkin and turns her head to see Tim Drake, her adoptive brother, also known as the Red Robin.

"Morning...did you sleep last night?" Cass questions, showing concern as Tim pours a large amount of coffee into his cup.

"Not really. Me and Bruce were up all night going over the crime scene." He says then goes over to take a seat at the table.

"Find anything?" She asks and Tim rubs his eyes.

"Managed to get footage but it was only brief because it got damaged when a rocket was fired at Joker's car." He informs making Cass raise an eyebrow.

"A rocket? If Falcone ordered the hit. Wouldn't he wanted it to be...quieter?" She questions.

"My thoughts exactly. But maybe our killer isn't one for subtlety." Tim says in thought. He notices Cass staring at the napkin and raises an eyebrow.

"You're, uh...looking at that napkin pretty intensely." Tim jokes and Cass forms a look of thought.

"Tim...am I always...too busy?" She asks and the 3rd Boy Wonder takes a sip from his coffee.

"I mean...you have a pretty tight schedule. And besides hanging with me, Steph, Babs or anybody else, well, you're kinda distant." He states and Cass forms a small frown.

"...What brought this on?" Tim questions and Cass picks up the napkin and shows him the phone number written. Seeing this, Tim's eyes widen in surprise.

"Yesterday, when I was at the deli, Stephanie was running late. I was minding my business when...he sat down in front of me." Cass says remembering the events that occurred.

"And he would be?" Tim asks.

"His name was Alex. And he was...interesting." Cass says and Tim tilts his head, confused.

"Define interesting..." Tim asks, his curiosity growing.

"Funny. Very, very, chatty. And...understanding." She explains.

"...Sounds kinda like Connor." Tim says with a slight skeptical tone to which Cass notices and forms a slight frown at the mention of her ex.

"I know. But he's...different." She admits and Tim takes a sip of his coffee.

"You read his body language? So, you know his intentions?" He asks and Cass sighs.

"That's...another reason why I'm interested. I couldn't read it." She admits and Tim's eyes widen in surprise.

"You...couldn't read him? But...that's like your thing. How?" He asks and Cass looks up in thought.

"I honestly don't know..." She says.

"Then is this guy someone you actually want to involve yourself with?" Tim asks and Cass gives him a slightly annoyed look.

"You think I can't handle myself?" She asks and Tim raises his hands defensively.