00

in which you try to pretend that Suguru Geto doesn't exist.

"Mer, I swear to God if you don't jump on his bones, I will."

It's been over half an hour since Meredith, your ginger short-haired friend who's actually the most beautiful person you've ever seen (she doesn't believe you when you tell her that) has been talking about a guy that openly told her he likes her.

She was too humble and kind for this world. Seriously.

Meredith blew a strand of hair off her face. You can see her freckles even from a few feet away and her gorgeous bright grey eyes. The problem is, she doesn't see that, and it sucks. She's always too hard on herself, so you always try to hype her up so it can somehow boost her confidence.

That's why Sky, or Skyler (he'll kill you if you call him that unless you're a professor), is bugging her about it. This guy she's talking about is Maverick Jones, which is the captain of the basketball team and one of the hottest guy in campus. He's actually not that bad, since he's not one of those guys who treats women as if they're objects and use them to make them look more 'manly'.

He's hot, always smiles, a cool guy and deserves to be praised for the good work he does for the team. Good in balancing extracurricular activities and academics, and is even respectful. He's a flashy guy, and you think that's why Meredith is hesitant.

But really, when was she ever sure of something? It's either she's scared to try it because she doesn't believe in herself, or she just doesn't think she can do it.

"I don't know, maybe he was joking? He must be. There are plenty of girls here who are—"

Sky groaned loudly. He dramatically rolled his eyes and gave Meredith a 'are you fucking kidding me' look. You watched your friends with amusement, sipping on your drink.

"Mermer. Stop saying that. Have you seen yourself, bae? He totes like you! I mean, who wouldn't?! Right, Y/N?" 

You nodded at that, and Meredith sighed once again.

"So no. Don't even think about backing away from this. Maverick freaking Jones, Mer. He's such a good guy... hot, too! You deserve someone who'll worship you and I think I can see Mav doing that."

You smirked. "You callin' him 'Mav', now?"

Sky shrugged, a smug look om his face. "We're bestfriends now, whether he likes it or not. And YOU, missy, is going to that damn party he's talking about and we're coming with you."

"But—" Meredith interjects.

He held up a finger at her face, "No buts, Meredith West." Meredith dropped her shoulders like what Sky told her was upsetting. You snickered, wanting to laugh at how she looks like she got scolded by her mother.