34 - Extra: Beauty Trap*

Warning: Mature Themes, Rated R.

A/N: To those who hate seeing this kind of DH, the first part will not be to your liking. It is, however, a significant counterpart to the last part of this extra; though, if you wish to go straight to that, then it's all good, as well (a bit on the short side, though).

A bit of spoiler: the last leg of this chapter offers a peek into the happenings between Chapters 17 (Capitulation) and 18 (Morning After).

Enjoy. :)

-------------------------

The ever-patient Fei Wei stood outside the door to the bed chambers, a bowl of something hot, bitter, and potent lying on the tray in his hands. Beyond the doors came a rustle, followed by a quiet and firm command.

"Enter."

The loyal steward straightened his back, pushed the doors open, and let himself into the room.

Inside was a heady mix of incense, sweat, and sin. Near the edge of the messy bed - as if she was swiped there without care -- lay an unconscious beauty, voluptuous body sprawled in all its naked glory, dark hair askew and limbs trembling in the aftermath of a night-long tussle between the sheets. Body fluids and a trace of blood stained the once pristine blankets, a quiet testament to the brutal intimacies it had witnessed.

In complete contrast was the silver-haired, stone-faced deity arising from the bed, not a hair out of place, the robes he was draping around himself as smooth and unwrinkled as his ever youthful face. Where the entire room was still awash in sultry heat, he was all ice and aloofness --- so far removed, as if he had not partaken of the party of flesh and fluids that very recently took place.

Fei Wei bowed. "Dizhou."

Donghua Dijun bade him to rise, and said in the same unruffled tone that he used with everything else, "handle things as usual, and make it quick."

"Understood."

With a shimmer of power, Dijun phased himself out of the room, not even sparing the battered beauty on the bed another glance.

As soon as Dizhou left, Fei Wei placed the tray down on one of the side tables and walked over to the bed. "My lady." His tone was firm, and loud enough to wake but not to startle.

The lady didn't move. Fei Wei was usually more considerate than this, but Dizhou had explicitly said to hurry, and so Fei Wei weaved the sleep-dispelling spell he uses on these occasions, and stood aside as the lady roused.

"Dizhou?" Came the rasping call, quiet and unsure and with a touch of hope. There was the usual gasp of pain as the lady tried to stand up and failed, then the hope turning into shame upon discovering that another man was in the room with her. "L - lord Fei Wei? Wha - why are you here? Where is Dizhou?"

The dismay in that panicked rambling did nothing to defuse Fei Wei's indifference; it was nothing he hadn't seen before. "Dizhou has other matters to attend to. His Majesty has bestowed your ladyship with this bowl of medicine, and commanded this steward to assist in your departure."