Test

Chatta strapped the helmet on her head as she buckled into the round seat of the catapult.

She looked up to find Fixit staring at her, a goofy grin on his face.

"I'm ready!" She trilled.

Fixit quickly shook his head.

"Sorry what?"

"I'm ready. To test your new invention, like always." Chatta said cheerfully.

Fixit blushed at that. It's not like Chatta seemed unhappy with testing out his inventions, by her tone of voice it seemed she really enjoyed it.

But this was defiantly not something you did with your crush.

Fixit should be taking her to dances and dinners and all the stuff he saw on Amora's soaps. Minus the drama.

But there were two problems: Fixit was terrified of sharing his feelings with Chatta and no one else but her would test out his inventions.

Well, at least he got to spend some time alone with her.

"So, you gonna shoot me into the stratosphere or what?" Chatta questioned.

"That's not the point of this invention." He moaned, but got set up anyway.

"Well I know that," Chatta rolled her eyes. "Your velocity-based catapult is set to launch me safely to the other side of town, to make a faster and better route of transport for all of pixieville."

Fixit was frozen and flush as he stared in shock at Chatta.

"You, you...you remembered what this all is?" He gaped. Usually, his friends needed the most basic definitions from him.

"Well, of course Fixit. You explained it to me, so I listened and I learned." Chatta smiled. "Its important to you so its important to me."

Fixit was this close to kissing her.

"So, we gonna start this or..." Chatta asked.

Fixit got ready to launch Chatta i to the heavens.

"Ready?" He asked.

"Yes. Well, actually, before I go, I had a question." Chatta spoke. "I really like testing your inventions out and all, its fun, crazy, and helps you and Pixieville. But I was kinda hoping we could spend some time together after the tests."

Fixit nodded, his hand on the lever to send he sky high.

"Alone." She empathized, a semi-nervous smile on her face. "Like a date. Would you like to go on a date with me Fixit?"

Fixit felt like gravity had just doubled. And then he felt like he was pounds lighter.

Chatta wanted to go on a date with him. Chatta wanted to go on a date with him!

He didn't speak for a moment, which seemed to give the pixie of gossip the wrong idea.

"Oh, I'm sorry Fixit. We're good as just friends, but I really like you, and I wanted to see where it could go. But if you're not..."

"Yes!" He screamed as he jumped in the catapult beside her. "Yes, I wanna go on a date with you!"

Chatta was silent for a moment, and Fixit blushed, but then she burst out laughing.

"Great! So," She leaned over him. "How about you launch us out of here and see where we land and go on from there?"

Fixit smiled as he reached back, pulled the lever, and launched the two away onto their first date.