Chapter 4

Hewwo
Here's da 4th part
Hope you enjoy!

Adrien stared at himself in his school's bathroom mirror, trying to calm himself down. He'd gotten to class early, and when Marinette walked in his heart did a little flutter thing.

His heart wasn't supposed to do a little flutter thing when she walked in.

"Why are we here?" Plagg asked, still snuggled in the school bag. "Are we here for a cheese break?"

Adrien give an answer, sighing at his reflection before splashing water on his face. It's because she's a Dupain-Cheng and they are slowly becoming his family. Yeah. She's family, but also just a friend. Yeah. He had to act like friends, and that's why his heart fluttered. It was because he wanted to talk to her like they were at home, but she didn't have the same relationship with him as she did with Chat Noir.

"Adrien!" Nino called out when he slid into his seat.

"Yes?" Adrien turned to see his best friend sitting on the tabletop behind him, chatting away with the girls.

"Marinette's having a friend cook dinner tonight." Alya pipped up. "And she's invited us to join. You coming?"

She's mentioned inviting some friends yesterday and asked Chat to be there as well. For once, he was glad for his father's strictness. Trying to be both Chat and Adrien at an intimate dinner party would prove to be tough. "Sorry." He made a what-can-you-do shrug at the group. "I have plans with father."

"Hmmm" Alya narrowed her eyes. "A shame. Some of us were looking forward to see you there."

"Have fun with whatever you'r-" Marinette began; cut off as the teacher walked into the class.

The rest of the day progressed smoothly, and Adrien was grateful for the girl's chatter behind him. They were making homemade, egg-noodle pasta with some kind of coconut milk-lemon sauce and spinach. He tried looking up the recipe on his own and couldn't find it, but at least he'd be able to brush up on hoe to make egg-noodles with YouTube before showing up with a mask.

Okay. Byron Talbot, don't fail your faithful subscriber now. Well, okay, he wasn't a faithful subscriber. In fact, Adrien subscribed to over twenty cooking channels over the last 24 hours, so his faith was easily bought at this point.

He decided to make his entrance at the Dupain-Cheng residence the same way he'd left to get pie the previous evening. Through the window.

The window that Marinette happened to cross in front of as he barrelled through.

"Hyack!" She exclaimed, his body pinning hers as they tumbled to the floor.

"Sorry!" Chat apologized, trying to sit up and get off of her in way that wouldn't make this any more awkward.

Nino ended up grabbing his shoulder and guiding him upright. "That was quite an entrance, Dude!" He said.

"Thanks for the assist." Chat turned to Marinette. "To you as well."

"At least this incident isn't because I'm the klutz in the room this time." Marinette joked, using the chair beside her to stand up.

oh, no. Did she get hurt?

Chat sighed in relief when he saw she could put all of her weight on both legs. Good. He hadn't messed up after all. He didn't know how his heart would react if he wasn't allowed back here. Next time he'd enter using the door: Lesson learned.

"I wouldn't say there isn't a klutz in the room though." Alya said, nodding her chin at the floor with a grin.

Chat's heart dropped when he saw what she meant. The eggs. Marinette must have been carrying them when he launched in and dropped them during impact, because now they may as well be a Picasso painting: A mix of abstract shapes and colours.