INDUCTION: Wave Three

Mirad licked his paw as he waited for  training to officially start, the novices themselves were all there but it was his fellow legion heads that he was waiting for.

Tataki was usually of the punctual type so her absence was confusing to him.

He hoped nothing had come up.

The male Chimera swished his long, thin tail in irritation and forced himself upon his lithe paws. Taking what he hoped looked like confident steps, he strode towards the novices, not feeling the weight of his battle armor.

Part of him felt like he was overkilling it by arriving in full blown armor (save for the helmet)  since it was highly unlikely an attack would occur on this side of the forest, however the other side of him knew the novices needed some kind of reference or motivation for when they headed off to the Fallen Forge to pick up their temporary armor.

And besides, what was a Warrior without his armor?

He knew the plan for the first day was simple, yet he felt nervous as if it were his first day as a legion head, instead of this wave being one of the many he had introduced during his lifetime.

He wished he could chalk it off to rustiness but he knew it was because he hated talking in front of crowds.

Regardless,he made his way towards the small crowd and observed the youth.

It was odd, he thought that even in a Glide as small as Aralia, it was still divided in little social circles, it reminded him of his own adolescence, and of his  own social circle with Vishnu and Keleam.

He purred at the bittersweet memory, a time before The Corruption even began.

 So  long ago.

Those ideas made him feel older than he was.

Shaking his head, the vaporeon hybrid stood in front of his wave.

"I know that my fellow legion heads have yet to arrive, but we have no choice but to start the induction without them." He gazed over the novices as he spoke, seeing their confusion.

"So, why don't we get to know each other?"

Mirad's fins  twitched slightly, feeling  embarrassed at the lack of vocal response from the novices but he quickly pushed it away. He allowed his bright orange gaze to harden and tried to take on a more serious approach towards the Wave.

"I am going to call out your names, you have to reply with 'here' or 'present'. If you don't reply I will mark you as absent and you will have to wait at least another 6 months to be eligible for training again. Understood?"

The novices replied in a sync of Yes and Mirad called out the first name on the list he had memorized.

"Reeinee." 

A response was heard from the novice crowd and Mirad took a look at the source of the reply -a male glaceon- and Mirad softened a bit recalling how he and Vinny had rescued the dying vulpine in the middle of a blizzard. There was a gleam in his green eyes, one that was disturbingly similar to the one Keleam held, and Mirad immediately knew the ice fox was enrolled in hunter training.

He started with the second name "Torns-" only to be interrupted by a distraction.

The bushes surrounding the Mossy Hollow rustled and Mirad instinctively took a battle stance forcing some of his water type energy into his mouth, ready to defend the inexperienced novices. However,much to his relief, out of the foliage popped a black cat followed closely by a leafeon.