The "Great?" Day

Well, the Dragonspine adventure was somewhat a complete disaster. Which is why I came up with a great way to make it up to Razor! As long as nothing goes wrong, this is sure to be a great day.

        I smile while I pack my bag full of emergency food and medicinal herbs. You can never be too careful. Especially around me. This day will be perfect. I just want one day, where everything goes the way I plan.

        Not only that, but I also packed a picnic basket and a map. That way, we can spend today eating snacks and thoroughly planning our next adventure. No more accidentally getting lost.

        Slinging the bag over my shoulder, I begin my walk to Wolvendom. I want to surprise Razor. I can't wait to see the look of shock on his face melt into a warm grin when he realizes it's me.

        Before I even step out the door, I realize that my boots are on the wrong feet. Yep, this day's going to be great.

--------------------

        I run into a bit of trouble on my way to Wolvendom. And by a bit of trouble, I mean that I run into at least 3 hilichurl camps. By the time I finally make it to my destination, the sun is already setting. This is great.

        Entering a small clearing surrounded by trees, I set my stuff down and sit. This is the place where Razor spends his time when he isn't with the wolf pack or hanging out with me. Occasionally, he'll even bring me here with him.

        The clearing is comfortable. It feels safe and special. It's Razor's place. Not only that, but he lets me, and only me, into this area that's his.

        I place my bag on the ground to where I can lay down and use it as a pillow. A very uncomfortable pillow, but it works. I'm prepared to wait for Razor, besides I doubt it will take him much longer. The sun has just set after all.

        Wait, damn. The sun just set. The day's already over! I bury my face into my hands, embarrassed. Heh, great day my ass. Oh well, there's always tomorrow, I guess. Should I... just go back home?

        As soon as I think that thought, the sound of rustling grass in the distance disrupts me. The noise gets louder at a very fast pace, and I realize that whatever it is, is charging at me.

        Without having any time to even react, I'm knocked down as Razor crashes onto me, wrapping me into a rough embrace.

        "R-Razor, what are you doing?" I ask, unable to contain my laughter. "Did you know I was here?"

        I can feel him nod against my shoulder. "Razor smelled Bennett... from far," he replies sitting back up.

        So much for surprising him, oh well.

        Finally, I realize the position that we're in. I feel a warmth spread across my entire face, reaching my ears. "Um- Razor?"

        "Bennett?" he responds, tilting his head.

        There was me, laying on the ground, with Razor sitting on top of me. I furiously fight off any inappropriate thoughts, and was just more embarrassed by the fact that I failed to surprise him. Which I honestly should've expected.

        I sit up in an attempt to brush off any unwanted thoughts. The action causes Razor to shuffle off me.

        Anyways.

        "Do I... smell bad?" I ask, bringing back the statement from earlier of him being able to smell me. For the most part, I thought I was pretty clean. It may not seem like it, but I always make sure to bathe at the end of the day.