Chapter 12 : Home Sweet Home

Euy's flight to the frigid ice continent was largely unexciting, just a few greater demons thinking they're all that but got swatted by a holy cannon like they're nothing but flies the moment that tried to start trouble.

"Ah...the northern ice continent...nice to see it's as dreary and depressing as always..."

"It's not nice for you to say that about somebody's home, you know."

"Geh...!"

Euy could recognise that deep blue hair and that condescending attitude from a mile away.

"What do you mean, Geh ?! Is this how you greet your mentor after you've been gone for so long ?"

"We both know Mizeri's the only one who took teaching me seriously !"

Rain, who has come to see what this flying holy magic user was all about, was barely just hiding her surprise that it was none other than Euy which drew her out of hiding.

"Why I oughta..."

She walked up to Euy, grabbing him by the ear and dragging him through a gate which she summoned in an instant.

"OW OW OW OW OW OW !!"

"It seems you need to be reeducated on manners, young man !"

"DEJA VUUUUuuuuuuuu.......!!!"

And so the gate closed and the duo would next appear in a room within the ice castle where Guy Crimson, the person that Euy traveled all the way from tempest to meet sat while sampling wines like the baller he was.

"Rain, did you figure out who was—"

Guy suddenly jerked up and turned around to see Rain and her captive who was just done rubbing his ear.

"...I'm home, Guy-sama..."

"Ah...welcome ho—"

"W H E R E ' S  MY  BABY  ? !"

A deep voice rang out as a rift opened up to reveal an overwhelming presence that terrified both crimson haired demons.

"Ah...hello...Oka-san..."

"Euy, you're home !!"

Velzard emerged from the rift in space and hurried to pick up and hold the little one she brought into the world more than a decade ago, her son.

"And look at youuuu, I leave you behind for a decade and look how big you've grown !"

"Yeah that is how time works, isn't it—"

"And you have a few lady friends in your shadow, you'll have to introduce me later~"

"O-Oka-san, that's rude !"

("AND QUIT BLUSHING DOWN THERE !!")

While Euy was being embarrassed by his mother's ramblings and the reactions of his companions when Guy sighed at the sight, looking the other way.

"Guuuy-saaaan, don't you have anything to say to our son~?"

Just as Guy once smugly managed to send Euy to the underworld Velzard was now smugly celebrating his return.

"I would've said it if you hadn't interrupted me."

"Sure you would've, but you should at least remember your promise."

"Of course. I'm done many things, but lying is not on the list."

Finishing off his wine glass Guy sat up and walked up to his partner who was still holding onto Euy for dear life.

"Welcome home...son."

It was difficult to Guy to get it out, but he's gotten quite attached to the boisterous twerp and while it took more than a decade he's made peace with the fact that he's a father now.