01

Where did everything go wrong?

The question he often asks himself but still can't find the answer to. He wants to go back to the way it was before, their relationship back then.

Junkyu looked up to hear a familiar voice in the busy street; it was his past lover, chatting happily with another person. His heart suddenly beat fast; he didn't know what to do, and his mind went blank. He stormed out of the café without thinking anf ran back home. Everything reminded him of Jeongwoo, their relationship in the past, and how he used to stare at him with those bright eyes. He doesn't notice as tears form in his eyes, biting his nails in anxiousness and overthinking.

Picking up his phone without thinking, he calls Jeongwoo.

“Woo...”

“Junkyu, I thought we already talked about you calling me every night without a reason.”

“Tell me, did I do something wrong when we were together to cause this pain?”

“I'm sorry, Junkyu... I'm truly sorry. I'm happy now with my life. I found someone who accepted me for myself. I hope you take care of yourself.”

I love you.

“...” His past lover stays quiet and ends the call.

Although he expected the given response, he feels that he can't endure the pain anymore. He brings a wooden chair and touches an object's rough texture as he brings it to his neck. People say that it's not over, you can meet someone else other than one person; he doesn't want to think about it.

This will give me peace forever, he thinks as he kicks the chair supporting his footing