Selfish Love

You and Simeon had been engaged for a while, today was the day you and Simeon ask Michael for his permission, as you two are two different species, you both knew that humans and angels can't be together, yet when you confronted Simeon about that fact, he planned to keep it hidden from Michael, which was a not-so good idea, you were worried that if Simeon would keep it a secret, the possibilities of him falling were high, which would scar Luke and the others. But you found it unfair that demons could date humans whilst angels couldn't.

So, you proposed to Simeon your idea of telling Michael that, in hopes that the rules would somehow change. Yet, Simeon wasn't so confident about that but he would still protect you no matter what. And today is the day, you two are faced towards the golden gate of the Celestial Realm, scheduled a meeting with Michael and today's the day you two finally do this meeting after countless delays. "No need to worry dear, whatever happens just know that I will always be here" Simeon says, cupping your cheeks and kissing your forehead as you calm down. "Are you sure Simeon..? I'm a little nervous about this.." You say, worry and fear evident in the tone of your voice. "It's okay, I promise. I promise you that he'll grant us permission once he hears what we have to say." Simeon says, re-assuring you and takes your hand. "Shall we head to the meeting now? Wouldn't want to keep him waiting." Simeon says as you nod and enter the Celestial Realm.

"Good morning Michael, thank you for sparing your time for this meeting." Simeon says, sitting down and explains to Michael his relationship with you. "Excuse me?! An angel and a human dating is prohibited, Simeon. Let alone marriage with a human." Michael yells out aggressively, giving a lecture to Simeon about Celestial Realm rules and how Simeon is a top ranking angel, how he worked so hard to be one of Father's most adored and yet here he is, hiding his relationship with a human for years, and now marrying one. "I know the rules of the Celestial Realm, but if you look at the Devildom one, there's none against a demon dating or marrying a human." Simeon says in a regretful voice, all you could do was stay quiet, not wanting to anger Michael even more, " Well, are you a demon Simeon?! There are reasons why Devildom and Celestial Realm rules are different. I'm surprised you haven't fallen yet actually, but it's good that you said you were going to marry this... human, there's still time to make things right." Michael says in pure anger and disgust, insulting Simeon's fiance in the process.

"Pardon?" Simeon says, confused and surprised at what Michael says, pure anger fueling him yet still needs to be respectful and kind to his superiors. "I said there is still time to make things right. All you have to do is cancel this pitiful wedding." Michael says, sipping a cup of tea while proposing his idea to Simeon, leaving you in shock as you look at Simeon with pity in your eyes. "S- simeon...?" You whisper, your voice breaking a little as you hold back your tears, worrying Simeon. "Don't worry dear, I- i'll fix things.." Simeon re-assures MC, and proceeds to face back to Michael.

"I'm not sure about that Michael, my love for MC is infinite and I'll never stop loving them." Simeon says as he blushes, making your heart flutter as well. "I see. So that's how it'll be." Michael says, a dark and mean aura flowing around him, making you and Simeon worried and nervous for what's going to happen. Suddenly, Simeon murmurs an unfamiliar incantation. Then, Simeon's wings slowly pop out, making him scream in pain as "D-dear?! What's happening? Are you okay?!" You worriedly say as Simeon cries out in pain. "Well, would you look at that?" Michael disappointedly says, as Simeon's wings fully show, one side of his wings are white with few black feathers while the other is fully tainted with black, demonic feathers. "My my Simeon, just look at your wings. This human is tainting your celestial pureness." Michael says.

"This meeting is over. Simeon, feel free to go out of the room and think about your decision on whether you follow the right path. MC, please stay. I have something to discuss with you." Michael says, standing up and leading Simeon to the exit and going back to MC. As the door closes and Simeon is outside of the room, not knowing what's going on in there, nervousness piles up in his stomach. He's extremely worried about what Michael is doing to you in there, but sees two angels going towards him, escorting him out as they can't have him camp outside Michael's office.

After what felt like 3 hours, MC finally gets out of Michael's office, with a regretful and saddened aura circling around them, worrying Simeon more on what happened in that office. "Dear..? Are you alright? W- what happened?" Simeon stuttered as he cups MC's cheeks. "I- i.. Just feel a little.. Sick.." MC says, as they fall into Simeon's chest. "I understand dear, let's go home and rest for a bit." Simeon gently says, patting MC's head and takes their hand to lead them back to the Purgatory Halls.

After a long and silent walk back home, you two finally arrive back to the Purgatory Halls. "Today.. Was a lot, so we should get some rest and we can talk about the events earlier tomorrow." Simeon gently says as he opens the door and lets you in. "Hey! How'd it go?" Solomon says with a cheer, excited to hear that Michael approved of their marriage and is going to even attend your marriage and that you two will have a happy honeymoon. Unfortunately, Simeon responds by shaking his head as Solomon's expression visibly saddens. Simeon leads you back to your room as he puts you to bed. After a while, Simeon puts you to sleep and leaves the room to talk to Solomon.

"How'd it... actually go?" Solomon says as he sits down and faces Simeon. "Well.. I was there for 50% of the discussion, Michael had me leave halfway to have a talk with MC. But, he didn't approve of it, actually.. I have something I need to talk to you about." Simeon says, worrying Solomon on what he's going to say. "What...happened?" Solomon worriedly asks, as Simeon sadly sighs and reveals his half white and half black feathered wings, widening Solomon's eyes. "I have a feeling.. I'll be falling soon.. Or possibly be executed. If that happens, take care of MC for me." Simeon says, avoiding eye contact with Solomon. "Oh... I see." Solomon says, understanding Simeon's message. "But.. What about Luke.. If one of those happens then.." Solomon quietly says but to his dismay, Simeon heards him, and they proceed to have a long talk about Simeon's end and what happens afterwards.

You toss and turn in your sleep, the words that Michael told you echoing into your head multiple times. You couldn't help but wake up, wanting to call for Simeon but you hear distant chatter but can't make up the words they're saying. You can't help but feel regretful at confessing to Simeon, if you hadn't then.. Maybe.. His wings wouldn't look like he was about to fall.. Maybe he'd still be Father's favorite... You get up from bed and head to the bathroom to open a cupboard.. You're not sure if you're going through with your actions but.. Maybe, just maybe, it'll let Simeon live a more comfortable life.. You take multiple pills hoping it would be enough and proceed to go back to bed but as you head towards it.. You finally faint into eternal slumber.

As Simeon and Solomon talk about the inevitable, they hear a loud thud from Simeon's room as they stand up and quickly hurry to the room, and see your unconscious body on the floor, with a bottle of pills scattered beside you.. They quickly realize what you had done and hurry to your body to check a pulse and heartbeat. When Simeon finds none, he backs up in disbelief..

What.. what happened?!

Did Michael... did this..?!

Was it my fault...

I could've prevented this.. Couldn't I...?

Intrusive thoughts filled Simeon's brain as he panics on what to do.. What will Luke say? The 7 Demon Brothers? The Crowned Prince? The Royal Butler? And.. How will Michael react.. Will he be glad? After all, Simeon fully knew an Angel and a Human can't be together.. This is the consequences of Simeon's selfishness.