4 • It Started with a Bang!

It smelled sweet. Jieun woke up when she caught a whiff of the sweetness slowly surrounding the room. She looked at the bed beside her, finding it empty. That must be Jaein. She got off the bed and walked out of the bedroom. She found Jaein in the dining area already pouring maple syrup on the pancakes and waffles on her plate.

"Oh, hey. You're up. Good morning!" Jaein beamed a smile.

"Good morning. No wonder it smelled sweet." Jieun replied with a smile.

"Sorry, I started breakfast already. I thought you'll get up late."

"No worries. Go ahead, I'll catch up. I'll freshen up first."

"Sure thing." Jaein said as she took a bite of the heavenly fluffy pancake.

Jieun came back to the dining after a few minutes. Her hair was messily tied up in a bun, patting her cheeks to wake herself up as she walked towards the table.

Cute. Jaein thought. "Coffee?"' She asked her best friend.

"Yes, with milk, please. Thank you."

"Do you have any plans today? I'm leaving early, something came up. Mom needs me to be home but you can stay here if you like. Just give me a call if you want to stay over for another night or something."

"Thanks, Jaein but I can manage. I think I'm going to stay for a bit. Send my regards to your mom." She smiled at her best friend.

"Are you sure? Please, just give me a call if you need help with anything." Jaein looked at her with concern.

"Sure, mom. I'm sure I'll be just fine. Now, finish your breakfast so you could go early."

"Sure, mom." Jaein retorted and they both laughed.

Jieun was left alone in the suite after half an hour. She went back to the bedroom and allowed herself to get comfortable with the sheets of the bed and turned on the TV. Not even ten minutes have passed and she was already bored.

"No can do." She stood up and went to the bathroom. She ran a bath and checked on it until it was the perfect temperature for her. She then slowly sank into the tub filled with warm water causing the mirrors and glasses of the bathroom to fog up. "Ahh, perfect. This is just exactly what I need."

Jeno woke up feeling extremely nauseous. "Shit, I'm gonna be sick." He hurriedly went to the bathroom and tried not to puke all over the place.

"Woah. Dude, you okay?" Mark asked as soon as his brother got out of the bathroom who looked paler than a paper.

"Yeah, just feeling a little light-headed."

"I bought you hangover pills. I put them on your bedside table."

"Thanks, Mark. You're the best." Jeno smiled at his brother.

"Have some breakfast. We got French toasts. We could order if you want something else."

"Uhhh, I don't know. I think I dreamt about pancakes and waffles."

"And then threw up when you woke--"

Jeno raised his palm. "Can you please not say that word. I feel sick already. Oh God, I'm never drinking that much again. Ever."

"Ha! I think I've heard that line too much already." Mark chuckled and Jeno shot a glare at him.

"Okay, chill. So do you want pancakes and waffles or not?"

" Never mind. I'll finish the toasts."

"Sure, take your time. I'm heading out. I'll be back in two hours."