Change | Tommy Shelby

'Change | Tommy Shelby'

•••••

"WE'RE GONNA SPIN A COIN FOR YOUR YARD CHARLIE." THE MAN, WHO SEEMS TO BE IN CHARGE, states simply as he stands before my Uncle and cousin; me, sat next to someone called Ada, off to the side as I watch it all unfold. "If it's heads, Abby here takes all of this with my blessing. And if it's tails," shifting his gaze over to me and I can swear I see a glint of amusement in his eyes as I offer a small smile. "I fuck your niece Mr Gold."

My smile drops along with my cousin's stomach, every Gold gypsy's eyes widening at the suggestion. Hysterics erupt from the man beside the one who I believe to be Tommy Shelby, my uncle's glare silencing him slightly before Mr Shelby looks to me.

"No." Bonnie defensively shrieks.

"Look it's barely ever tails," My uncle mutters to him, clearly hungry for this certain yard. "Besides, she needs showing a good time."

"But-"

"Deal." Enthusiastically, my uncle turns around on his heel to face Mr Shelby once again, offering a hand.

I can see Mr Shelby raise an eyebrow along with a small smirk tugging at his lips. Don't get me wrong Mr Shelby isn't an ugly man, in fact he's rather the opposite which I find slightly irritating. It's just that, well I don't really want to shag a stranger, no matter how handsome.

"Don't worry if it's tails I'll make him buy you dinner first." Ada winks beside me, a small smile on her lips, half in a comforting way, the other half trying to subside her laughter.

"Bloody men." I mumble and she giggles slightly as my grip on my purse tightens.

Many thoughts are swirling through my mind right now, one's such as What if they hexed the coin? What if the coin's double sided? Am I really going to have to get in bed with this man?

Mr Shelby flicks a coin towards my Uncle who looks down at the shimmering piece. Taking a deep breath, he flips the coin into the air before he lands it onto his hand. Reluctantly, my uncle lifts his hand off of the coin, everyone remaining silent, some in fear for my sake, some in anticipation and others because they are bored.

With a lick of his bottom lip and gulp my uncle sighs, holding out the coin for Mr Shelby to look at it.

"Seems like me and your niece have some business to conduct, eh?" Mr Shelby amuses rather smugly as I sink into my chair.

"Unbelievable." Bonnie shakes his head exasperatingly.

"Why are you so upset, you're not the one who has to shag him." I quietly snap, Ada laughing once again.

"I don't like the idea of it."

"The idea of it?! Bonnie you have to be taking the piss." Louder this time, I hold my hands out to my sides impatiently.