~ Chapter 1 ~

It was dark when you first opened your eyes before lights illuminated the whole room. Electricity fizzled through your veins as you were detached from some sort of contraption. You felt an overwhelming sense of both peace and fulfilment as you stepped out, noticing ten others just like you.

It became apparent that everybody was just as confused as you were. It wasn't long before you were introduced to everyone. Sersi was the first one you met. She wore a costume made of the most brilliant emerald green that accentuated her waist and complimented her olive features. Her eyes were an inviting brown and her dark hair fell just below her shoulders. "Hi, I'm Sersi" she smiled. "Y/N" you replied, warmly. "This is Ikaris" she stated, pointing to a taller man who stood in a dazzling blue colour. You were also introduced to Thena whom had you questioning if she was actually real. Her eyes were ice blue and her hair a platinum blonde. Her features were chiselled like fine china.

After you'd soon greeted and shook hands with everyone, Sersi introduced you to the final Eternal. "This is our leader Ajak" she smiled as a woman - no taller than five foot three walked over. Her accent was thick and her voice was raspy. "Hello darling" she smiled, embracing you in for a hug. She radiated a maternal energy and you could feel her warmth. "Y/N" you stammered in response. You crumbled under her presence like you were under some sort of transe .

You felt your cheeks burn as the room fell silent before Sersi quickly interrupted. "Ajak is the only of one us who can communicate directly with a Celestial" she said, calmly. "Anything she says.. goes. If you have an issue, you can take it up with Ajak" she smiled. "Thank-you" you grinned, before heading down the hall and exploring the space. "It's big huh" Ajak whispered, making you jump. "I didn't see you there" you giggled, as she took her place next to you. "Not many do" she smiled" before placing her hand on your shoulder. "I can tell we're going to get along Y/N" she said, staring directly into your eyes. They were a divine chocolate colour and you felt yourself getting lost in them.

It was hard not to. She had you under her spell from day one. There was an energy about her that drew you closer. You didn't know what it was or what this feeling was that had now erupted over your body but it was something.

It wasn't long before you were all settled down in the lounge area. Ikaris and Sersi were sat together, joined by Thena, Gilgamesh and Sprite, Druig and Makkari who were opposing them. Ajak and Kingo were in the kitchen preparing dinner for you all. You felt lost. "Settle darling" Thena said, calmly. You listened and took your place amongst the rest of the Eternals all of whom were bundled like a large family.

It was decided that your mission would begin tomorrow after Ajak communicated with the Celestial. It was her own idea to put on a grand dinner for you all, for she was very motherly and had always ensured that each Eternal went to bed on a full stomach.
The meal was a recipe Kingo had obtained. You wasn't sure what it was or what exactly you were eating but it tasted good all the same. The evening was filled with laughter and enjoyment before Ikaris and Sersi wandered off.

"Are they?" you smiled, as Ajak met your smile with a grin. She raised her eyebrows playfully but remained silently. It didn't matter to you. For her expression spoke a thousand words alone. "Help with the dishes?" you asked. "You don't have to" she smiled, gathering the plates. "I want to" you laughed, as you took in the condiments and placed them back in the cupboards. "You're my favourite Y/N" she giggled, whispering in your ear. "Don't tell the others"

You rolled your eyes, washing the plates and every so often flicking a soap sud or two at the woman standing directly next to you. It was soon time for bed. You were excited for your first mission as an Eternal, as were the others. It didn't take long before your eyes became heavy and you drifted off into a peaceful slumber. You dreamt about nothing other than her and the day you'd had. You had no idea if it was just a silly little crush or if it were ever to become more but for now, you were at peace with this little piece of temporary happiness and that brought you great comfort for the times ahead.

authors note
quick introduction. hey im lyd (also known as foreverhayek on Instagram). i hope you enjoyed the opening chapter of this story. i noticed that there weren't many Salma Hayek fan fictions on Wattpad or any fanfic webpage hence why I've decided to start writing my own. Let me know what you think :))) <3