1

▪︎▪︎ Y/N L/N is a third-year senior high school student whose father, F/N L/N, is a calligraphy expert. She is a young genius well-known in the world of calligraphy.▪︎▪︎

Y/N gripped the strap of her bag tightly, as she entered the gates of Jewaypi High,

Everyone stopped what they were doing to look at the young calligrapher who was walking in front of them.

The young calligrapher hurriedly approached the school building, uneasy because of the stares.

She turned to her right, but the reacted differently; some dropped what they were holding, while others hid behind a friend.

She could only guess that this was because of how much they hated her that they couldn't stand her even glancing their way.

"Everyone's still hating on me."

YN exhaled a sigh of relief. Nothing was out of the ordinary today.

"But don't worry, I have zero intention of ever becoming friends with anyone of you."

"Damn, I was finally ready to talk to her but she's already walled herself up." A random girl from the back said, her shoulders slumped down as her friends comforted her from the side.

Y/N walked over to her shoe box and took a pair of slippers from her bag. She removed her school shoes and placed them in the shoe box before slipping on the slippers.

"After having my slippers stolen numerous times in middle school, I finally learned my lesson and brought them home everyday. Slippers are a bullies first target after all."

A brown envelope that had been taped on the inside of her locker fell on her feet as she opened it.

She picked it up and examined it, nothing was written on the back or front. It was nothing more than a plain brown envelope.

"A letter of misfortune?!"

▪︎▪︎▪︎

"I remember getting a lot of these in middle school, but I had no idea I'd get one in high school!"

Y/N despised letters of misfortune for one simple reason.

She didn't have any friends to send it to.

She hated how people always send them to her knowing fully well that she didn't have friends.

Letters like those persuades the recipient to write a letter with the same content, which then must be sent to a certain number of people within a week or else you will be cursed for life.

"Wait a minute..... maybe I'm wrong. This letter could also mean something else."

The young calligrapher held the letter up to her face, slightly glaring as she pondered on what kind of letter she had received.

"Hmm.... shoe box.... letter.... A letter of challenge?!"

Y/N crumpled the letter, taken aback by her own revelation. She didn't want her life to get any worse that it was.

So she stood up and threw it away.

"Hey, Y/N!" A pale girl with solid black hair shouted at her, "Isn't it too much throwing it away like that?!"

"Stop, Shu!" Another girl with brown hair and sharp nose, tried to pull her friend back but she just didn't budge.

"Miyeon spent the whole night working on that!"

"I'm fine, I'm okay."

"Shit, did I just threw it infront of the sender? Ah, I knew I should've ignored it."