2

"Shu, let's eat lunch!" Miyeon slid the door open slowly and sat next to Shuhua.

Shuhua stuttered, "Uh- yeah!" She quickly looked behind her, relieved to discover that Y/N was not in her seat.

Shuhua reached into her bag for a black metal lunch box. Despite spending half of the day inside her bag, the food remained slightly warm.

Her lunch box contained rice (of course),thinly sliced cabbage on the side, four small octopus shaped sausages with dried seaweed for eyes and mouth, and lastly, two pieces of breaded pork cutlet.

Miyeon, on the other hand, had the usual Korean dosirak of rice, stir-fried kimchi, egg-washed and pan fried, fired eggs, and shredded seaweed.

"The sausage is so cute! It's like casting pearls before swine!" Miyeon cooed as she snatched a piece of sausage and happily ate it.

"Did she just say something horrible so casually?"

"You're like a mother to me, Shu," Miyeon said, her mouth full of Shuhua's cooking and rarely touching her own.

"You're like a mother to me, Shu~" Miyeon said, her mouth full of Shuhua's cooking and hardly touching her own.

"What's with her, she's pissing me off! Stop eating my lunch!" She yelled at her in her mind, making her break her chopsticks in anger.

Shuhua closed her eyes and tried to recall the good times she had with Miyeon. All she could see was black.
She could only see black.

Then it dawned on her.

She had no fun memories with Miyeon!

"Say, Miyeon? I'm curious why we're friends." She began while taking out a new pair of wooden chopsticks from her bag.

That's so random?"

"You could have cuter friends than me you know."

"I feel at ease around you Shu."

"Miyeon.."

"I mean I don't want to be a stepping stone for girls that are cuter than me."

Shuhua swore in her heart that she would never allow Miyeon to lay even a finger on Y/N.

▪︎▪︎▪︎

Y/N leaned on the wall with her arms crossed as she waited for the two friends.

"Lunch is over please return to your classes" She heard the loud announcement from the halls. Her face twister into fear and looked around, she saw a few couples going back to their respective rooms however, none of them were the ones she was waiting for.

"Why...Why didn't they come?!" Having no choice she went back to her class.

"I thought I specifically wrote in that letter to talk behind Building B!"

"L/N.... guess you're not listening."

▪︎6TH PERIOD

"Class is going to end real soon!"

"L/N, let's calm down for a sec!" A male teacher tried to stop but to no avail.

She couldn't stop now, time was running faster than she would like and she was determined to stop whatever was going to happen after school.

"Should I go?" Y/N covered her face with her palm. She was this close to having a panic attack.

"It's behind the gym, right?" One of her classmates said. Looks like a crowd is forming there.

"It doesn't seem like I can get away," She stood up, and grabbed her bag."I don't want to go but it can't be helped."

▪︎▪︎▪︎