ʚ when our eyes first met ɞ

This isn't my home.

I'm Nova, a 16 year old trans girl. I just left all my friends and my beloved home of Seattle for this dump. I don't see how anyone willingly lives in Texas, especially people like me (gay, to put it simply). Every day here is going to be a living hell, and the temperature isn't much different either. As I walk into my new school, cursing under my breath, I pray to whatever the hell is up there, for someone in this godforsaken town who doesn't hate my entire identity.

I supposedly have locker 248. I walk across the rows of tall numbered lockers hauntingly towering over me. As I'm examining my possible classmates, someone catches my eye. The most beautiful girl I've ever seen. Her tan skin was clearer than a spotless window. Her perfect dark brown hair had golden streaks of blond. She was a ray of golden sunshine, a glimmer of hope in my world. It was only for a few seconds that I stared at this girl, but it felt like hours. Not that I would've complained if I were staring at someone this gorgeous for an eternity. Her eyes of amber locked with mine for a millisecond, until I looked away. I'm not good with eye contact. As I walked past, it hit me. I'm in love with this girl.

I found my locker, mind heavy with thoughts. That girl, will I ever even talk to her? Should I really get my hopes up? This is Texas after all, she's probably not into girls anyways. I slung my backpack off my shoulders and onto the hook in my locker and glanced at my schedule. My first period was biology. Luckily, it wasn't too far from here. I sighed and headed off to my first ever class here in Texas.

I walked in just as the bell rang. I looked to the teacher, who with very fake enthusiasm, gave me a seat near the front. I walked over and slid into the cold school chair. I glanced over to see who I'd be stuck with this year and almost jumped right out of my seat. It was her. The mystery girl.

——————————-
This is one of our first books!! If we have any mistake we don't mind you telling us!

Go eat food and drink some water if you haven't! Make sure to go to sleep as well!!
Love you alllllll! goodbyeeee!! <33