Incitat Incidentis

My eye opens, the dread of the nightmare I had wearing off. I figure there's no use in trying to recall it, it'll only make me feel worse.

I put on what I was wearing yesterday and walk outside. I stare off at the courtyard sipping a coffee I grabbed on my way out, and then sit on a bench on my patio.

The air is perfect, not too cold, and not too hot. A rare calm moment in my life, and I'll do my best to cherish it. I'm about to walk off the patio but something stops me, I look down. Dirty sweatpants and a T-shirt with stains and holes. I really shouldn't go out looking like this, and i cant believe i went outside looking like this yesterday.

I walk back inside and open my closet, "Geez, I need to do some laundry." I mutter as I look around for anything interesting. As I move stuff around and scrounge through I see a medium-sized wooden chest.

A thin layer of dust covers it; it looks like its been here for around a couple of months but I don't remember putting this here, the chest doesn't look familiar either.

I pull the chest out of the closet and pop the latch. Inside is clothing, hand-sewed too. I pull the clothes out and lay them on my bed to get a good look at them. As I'm pulling them out a card flutters out of the pants pocket.

"Hey Swits, I thought you needed some new clothes, so I made you some. You need to stop wearing the same T-shirt over and over again, there are holes all over it. Anyway, here you are. Hope you enjoy them! -Seven"

As I finish the note, I look over at the clothes and see what they fully look like. It's an odd combo, a light gray blazer with a white undershirt, and a pair of dark gray cargo pants. Figuring that they were made for me, I put them on.

As I put them on, I feel better. Remarkable what clean clothes can have on your mental state.

Opening the front door I smell the fresh air, well as fresh as a giant library/walled-in neighborhood air can be.

Walking down the stairs of my home's patio, I think about what I should do for today. Maybe go into the library? Sure I've read every book in there, some more than once; but something, a feeling leads me to the door to the library.

My hands on the handle, but before I open it i look up. The giant glass wall separates the courtyard of the housing area and the library. When I first got here, that was the thing that I noticed. Just a wall, the length of the courtyard, and as tall as the bookshelves behind it; further than the eye can see.

It can't break, I've tried that. It can be damaged but no matter how much it never crumbles, no matter how hard I or anyone tried. Even then, the damage is repaired over time like its healing. I've seen competitions of people trying to see who could do the most damage, hell i've even partook in a few.

The memory fading, i open the door.

Once I pass the threshold of the door the room warms, far from the faint chill of the housing complex and courtyard. I walk towards one of the long lines of bookshelves and start browsing. I may have read them all, but there's nothing wrong with a reread.

As I'm absent-mindedly browsing I bump into someone, It's Korbin.

"Hey, Swit's right?" he asks, his smile warm and kind. 

"Yea, what book are you looking for?" I ask, gesturing towards the bookshelf.

"its kinda not well known, confusing too. But its House of leaves, I was told to read it but died before i could. But Seven told me you guys got every book ever written in here so maybe i could find it in here?" he says.

"Oh, that one! I've read every book here, and that one is my favorite. Took me a few reads to really understand it, and even then I'm not sure i fully do. Honestly, i don't think i ever will. But its not too far away, just follow me; ill take you there." I say, a bit enthusiastically as I readjust my eyepatch.