Dear Diary, 08

#TD08

Dear Diary,

Eversince I shift my course from Architecture to legal management, and I often get asked is, "Why did you shift?"

"Ate Beatrice?"

I turned around when someone called me and even so, I didn't recognize the student in front of me.

"Ikaw nga!" he said, surprised. "What are you doing here sa law department?"

My brow shot up. "And you are?"

He flashed a smile. "Mark. Don't you recognize me?"

I frowned. "Mark?"

"Yeah. We were schoolmates before noong highschool. Two years pagitan natin. You were quite popular back then."

"Oh, really? Sorry pero bakit wala akong-"

"Trisha?"

His eyes widened in surprise when Keith appeared behind me. He looked like had seen a celebrity.

"Kuya Keith!"

Keith startled by his energy so he looked at him, confused. "Hello."

Mark looked at the both of us completely bewildered. Keith and I exhanged looks. This guy must be a weirdo.

"You guys are in law school? Wait, I thought you were in med," he pointed at Keith then to me. "And you're taking up Architecture. This is surprising! Nag-shift ba kayo?"

"You know what's more surprising? Is the fact you know our courses."

Keith held the back of his neck. "Uh, yeah. We're law students now."

Mark's eyes twinkled in astonishment. "Wow! How cool is that! Parehas na pala tayong tatlo. I'm glad that I have an older Kuya and Ate that can guide me in law."

"I had no idea you took law," I said

"I'm still curious. Why did you both shift? Akala niyo ba madali lang ang law? Nakakamatay. Baka ako pa ang mauna," he said and knocked on the wooden table

"Personal reasons," I replied. It was true. If we had told him then he probably wouldn't talk to us anymore

"Kuya Keith.." he called him to fish some answers. He was being nosy.

"Uh, it's a bit complicated."

And I don't think Keith would want to open it to him.

All of a sudden, the bell rang and the students all stood up to go back to their classrooms.

"We'll get going now," I said. I was the first one to leave since I was nervous he might ask us more questions. Keith bid goodbye to him and eventually followed me

Then I heard Mark's last words before we turned to the hallway.

"See you in law school friends!"

More like, see you in hell school.

"Oh, hi Trisha!" one of my classmates in Archi greeted me when we saw each other around the campus

I smiled. "Hi Penelope!"

"I heard nagshift ka ng course. Iniwan mo naman ako ng walang pasabi," she pouted. "Iba na tuloy seatmate ko. Ayoko pa sa kanya."

I chuckled.

"So why did you suddenly shift?"

"Uh, law talaga ang gusto kong kunin."

She beamed. "Sabi na e, kaya nga may law books ka na bitbit sa klase natin noon. Hindi ko akalain na magshishift ka talaga."