𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒌 #37

A soft tap on my forehead broke me from my sleep, causing my eyes to slowly flutter open

"Shorty yo phone.." Jayce mumbled lowly.

It was then I noticed my phone ringing, my question was—who was calling me this late and what the fuck could they possibly want.

I unraveled myself from Jayceons arms and reached over to grab my phone from the nightstand.

After squinting my eyes to focus my vision I could clearly see the time.

3:48am

Then I read the contact name.

Mom

I curled my lip in confusion then answered the phone.

"hello?" I answered, closing my eyes.

"A-August oh my god, y-you need to come to the hospital right now!" She said frantically.

That immediately sent a wave of anxiety over my body and my eyes once again shot open.

"Ma what happened, slow down." I spoke, sitting up.

"Denise was in a car accident! they don't know if she's gonna make it just please—please come down here!" My mom cried.

"Oh my god, okay I'm on my way!" I responded.

With that the line went dead and I quickly stood up.

"fuck fuck fuck, no man no—this can't be fucking happening." I mumbled, stumbling to my feet and messily shuffling through the closet to find something to wear.

"you good baby, what happened?" Jayceon questioned, sitting up himself.

"I don't know, my mom called me crying about Denise being in some accident—I just need to go to the hospital."

After I spoke he quickly stood up and began getting dressed himself, "okay which hospital, don't stress Aug she'll be okay."

"I don't know—I didn't ask, she was crying, she was talking fast and I'm barely awake." I ranted, holding back the tears as best I could.

"Aight listen don't worry about it, just call your moms back, I'll drive." He said calmly, making his way over to me.

I then ran my hands down my face and nodded as a lone tear escaped my eye.

Thankfully, before I could even call, Tyler sent me their location.

"It's in Brooklyn." I told Jayce who nodded.

"Aight come on." He spoke.

As quick as we both could we rushed out of our apartment and to the parking garage where we entered Jayces car.

"this is so fucking crazy," I mumbled as the tears began to pour from my eyes.

"She's gonna be good baby, just relax." Jayceon said softly as his right hand ran comfortable circles on my thigh, his left focused on the steering wheel.