Chapter 3- the truth

it has been about a month since I met Mark. I was in Mark's bathroom on Sunday after church. Looking at myself in the mirror I saw nothingness, no joy, no beautifulness. Just.... Nothing. I heard someone knock on the door and I quickly made sure I wasn't crying "yeah?" I spoke clearly. Trying to drown out the wobbling in my voice. I heard Mark on the other side "Maelee are you okay? You sound like you're upset about something" he said. I sighed. Obviously my clear voice did me no justice. "No, not really. And I'm just being overly dramatic. It's nothing." I said. Then added, "besides I'm not that important. You go ahead and play FNAF or something"

I heard Mark groan and he wiggled the doorknob again "let me in there or I'll bust this door down." He grumbled. "Er... Can't do that. I'm a girl in a restroom. Thats not smart" I joked. "Haha. Okay you asked for it"

Suddenly I got it in my head. He wasn't kidding.

The door was knocked off it's henges and there stood Mark. I shrugged and ran into his arms. I sobbed in to his chest and he smoothed my hair out. "Okay, what happened?" He asked. I stopped sobbing and looked up at him. I let it all out. "When I was little, I had these friends. Their names were Ava, Pepper, Hannah, Sophie, and Gina. When we turned 16 they turned on me. Telling me I was ugly, not worth it, a klutz, and other words I'd rather not repeat. It didn't hurt me until one time when we were 19. They came to my house just to bully me. They told me my crush, also known as you, would never love an ugly piece of garbage like me. They used so many words, Mark. Why would they do that to me?" I asked. He looked at me, with great hate in his eyes "they were jealous of you, obviously. They wanted to make you feel bad because you don't deserve it. They wanted t feel better about themselves. Don't let them get to you, baby. You're beautiful" he said, softening up. I blushed slightly and hugged him "thank you" I said. Mark kissed my head and rubbed my back "anything for you"