Chapter 4

Athena

"Correct again, Athena." Remus smiled at me as I shook my head.

"You're really gonna need to try something a little bit harder there, Remus." I smiled and picked up my quill, writing down the notes that Remus asked us to. They were neatly scrawled on my paper, in an order that was easy to read. They would help me nearing exam time in case I forgot anything. I flipped a page further in the book, going ahead of him.

"It seems that you've forgotten that I'm your teacher, Athena." He says only loud enough for me to hear. I grinned.

"No, I can remember that quite clearly, god father." I teased. He rolled his eyes and turned back to the rest of the class, resuming to teach whatever he had been before. I wasn't really paying attention, to be honest. I didn't need to, all I needed to do was listen to the questions he asked me, considering I already knew all of this. Remus and I furthered my education at home. He wanted me to be as aware as I could about the dangers of magic. He figured I would need it the most, aside from Harry. He also taught me what he knew about the other subjects. He helped as much as he could, knowing I wasn't allowed to use magic outside of school.

Fred and George were sitting behind me, throwing things at me. I think Remus noticed, but didn't care since I was annoying him. Fred seemed a little distant since this morning but I don't know why. I smacked him, but we do it back and fourth all of the time. We all do it. I don't think I did anything to upset him other than that, and if I did, I guess I'll have to make it up to him. Maybe he was just tired and irritable. Soon enough, it was time to go to our next class. I told the twins that I would meet up with them later, because I wanted to stay back and talk to Remus.

"Hello there!" I chirped to my godfather who was now sitting at his desk. He looked up and raised and eyebrow at me.

"Shouldn't you be going to your next class?" He asks me.

"It's Divination," I say and he laughed, understanding my deep hatred for that class. "Plus, if I DO show up, Trelawney will probably tell me she predicted me being late, and I'll get off, just like always. You have a class now?" I ask him and he shook his head, doing something that looked like work. "Great, I'll stay here with you." I smirked, taking a seat at a desk right in front of his. I was ecstatic that he was working here this year. It was much easier to see him and talk to him.

"I should be giving you a detention you know, your first day and you're already skipping class." He said with a small smile tugging at the corners of mouth. I knew it was a false threat as much as he did.

"Oh come on, Moony. You shouldn't be talking, considering you were once as big of a delinquent as myself," I smiled and he rolled his eyes at me.

"Look, I wasn't nearly as bad-"

"Stop right there, Remus. We all know whatever you're going to say next is a lie." I said, cutting him off. He laughed.

"You should really go to class, Athena."

"I should really not, Remus." I retorted.

"Just as stubborn as your father, I see." He muttered more to himself than me.

"Naturally, I would be offended, but I'll let it go this time." I said, pursing my lips slightly.

"If you're going to skip class, you should at least be working on the essay for Defence Against the Dark Arts." He tells me, standing up and grabbing something from a shelf behind his desk.

"I think I'll pass," I shrugged. He shook his head, smiling.

"You're going to work on it, or it's detention, Miss Black." He was used to my procrastination. My father was much like me when he was my age. He was still giving me false threats. He knew even if I had a detention with him it wouldn't do any good. It would just be me spending time with my god father.