Writers note

Hello! I just wanted to add a little more information about the history.

Now, as you know, Achara is foreign. She is from Thailand. Slightly before and during the second world war, Thailand was under Japanese rule. During this time, many young women or girls were kidnapped, coerced, or deceived into sex work. Japanese soldiers named them 'Comfort girls' these women as they created special brothels just for the soldiers. These girls were mainly Chinese or Korean, but I, being from Thailand, wanted to add them to my book.

I also want to say Achara is 17 in this book and back in the 1920s in the UK the age of consent is 16, yes she is very young but please remember that in these times many young women had ended up with older men.

I understand the 'Comfort girls' hadn't really come around until the second world war, but I have made it so it happened during the first world war instead of making it fit with the timelines of the show Peaky Blinders.

Grace will be in the book as normal. Things may be slightly different. This book follows the Peaky Blinders show loosely.

The warnings will look a little something like this.

Trigger warning: Mentions of (Whatever is mentioned in the chapter)

Later in the book, there will be another warning just before I mentioned anything triggering.

------------------

WARNING!!

The following few paragraphs may trigger some readers. Skip until you see

'START READING HERE!'

If you continue to read through anyway and get triggered, please do not get mad at me. I have warned you, and continuing to read is your own decision.

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoy this book.