The Siren's Myth

There were many years Gajeel had heard of the sirens. Women that would walk into your life, make you swoon over them, and one day you'd find yourself drowning in a body of water, drug under by none other than the mystical being that was the woman you thought loved you. Gajeel knew better though, such things were tales of myths. No more real than a fairy or unicorns. The tale still intrigued him.

The long haired man strode down the long pier, taking an occasional glance at the water. It moved so naturally, he'd always kept as much distance as he needed. Working on the boardwalk, so close to the water, most tourists thought he was crazy when he said he didn't like the water. What he never admitted was being in a boat made him sick and he wasn't much of a good swimmer. A shallow swimming pool was different from the ocean.

Gajeel stopped, looking down the long dock. There was a slight humming noise, almost engulfing him. The dock was all he could focus on. Had it always been so long? So inviting? He felt an urge to walk forward, his fears of drowning practically disappearing.

The dark haired man shook his head, No, no. He thought hearing the waves crashing against the nearby shore. He shut his eyes and took a deep breath. The salt in the air was his new focus. But there was that humming sound...

"Come to me..."

It was singing and Gajeel found himself unable to resist that urge to walk the dock, towards the deep, dark, ocean.

One step. Two steps. He started walking faster and faster until he was teetering over the edge, looking down. He saw a shimmer of blue. Was it hair? He lost his balance before plunging into the dark, vicious, water.