Breathe.

She's slipping away.

I love her and I can't change what's happening to her.

I have to question my sanity as I deal with the girl I love struggling to stay alive though the night.

Am I weak?

I'm afraid.

I inhale and exhale, the air in my mouth tastes sour.

"Mom?"

"Yes hun?" she replies.

"Hand me a mint please."

"Course Amelia."

I place the mint on my tongue and let the flavor roll.

I don't really want to go to my aunt's house, but I have no choice I guess.  

We drove down the road as I rubbed the frayed edges of my sleeves. Well not my sleeves persay, I kinda borrowed the hoodie from my lovely, Sorren. The hoodie smells like her, so it smells like her cologne. My mom knows shes gay so she won't question it. I guess she believes we are just good friends.

Oh oblivious parents, how I love you so.

Feeling the frayed sleeves, I scoffed a bit when I thought of what my aunt and uncle will be like once we get there.

I haven't seen them since the summer, and over the past four months I've lost a decent amount of weight. Oh well.

We pulled in the driveway and got out of the car.

My aunt immediately walks out.

"Jessica, Amelia, you're here!" She exclaimed.

She walked out with my little cousin Joshua,, telling him "C'mon josh, let's say hi to your cousin."

He held her fingers as he mindlessly babbled on about his new light up shoes with teenage mutant ninja turtles on them that I guess lit up.

I picked him up and the small boy gave me a peck on my cheek.

"Oh hun you look great! Did you lose weight?"

There it was.

"Uh yeah I have-" my mom cut in.

"Yeah Sue, she lost a good thirty some pounds since you've last seen her, actually. All that walking around in the big highschool since the start of the year has really kicked in. I guess she's just losing all her baby fat?"

I gave a half smile and walked inside, only to be tackled my a little ankle biter while holding josh.

"Goddammit dog, what the fuck?" I mumbled under my breath as I set him down.

My uncle walked in as my dad called me.

"Hey hun how are you-" I held up my finger to him as I answered the phone.

"Hey Amie where you guys?"

"Dad, mom already told you we went to uncle Johns today, she needs her breaks worked on."

" She told me nothing of that. I don't get what goes through her head when she just decides to leave here and run off-"

"If you were so curious my didn't you just call to ask her. Communication is good, with a divorce going on or not." 

He was quiet for a second. He tries to forget all of that is going on in my house because he doesn't want to accept the thought of divorce.

" Yeah okay. . . just text me when your mother decides to leave okay?"

"Yup," I replied.

I hung up the phone and looked over as my uncle was pursuing the cupboards for snacks.

"Well that's always fun. How is it over there anyways, how are you doing?" He asked, hardly looking up.

"Oh it's whatever. We all knew the divorce was going to happen eventually, and I'm pretty okay. School's a real riot though, but oh well," I told him.

My aunt Sue called him out there before he could get his snacks.

He gave me a mini salute with his two fingers.

"See ya later kid."

I smiled at him.

"Have fun with the car."

I spent time with little Joshie while all the adults were chatting outside for a few hours. He couldn't talk much, but for a small kid he could sure move.

I checked my phone and I saw Sorren had texted me.

Her kik picture was too cute, she just gotten her hair cut again, so it was shaved in the sides, and she styled it up into a Mohawk in the front. Its hot as fuck and it's mine to play with.

- hey when will you be home?

- Idk soon tho I'll text u when I get back

- okay good coz I have somthin for u

-aw really? What is ittt

- nuh uh I'll show u when u come back

-oh poo u bucket dipper

- haha I love you

- lol gtg the cousin is speed racer when it comes to wandering around, I love you to

A half smile spread across my lips just about everytime she said that.