𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒕 ❊

"I think he likes you."

"Ya, I think about that one too."

"No way, that's too good to be true."

"Anyways, why are whispering?"

Yes, the four of us were a bunch of idiots. Sitting down at my station, we gathered for the discussion about the picture Min Hyung had posted.

Jaemin's eyes wandered the park where the boy was still nowhere to be seen.

"I think someone hacks his phone."

"Are you stupid Haneul?"

"It's just too good to be true."

"Yeah, he's too good for you."

"Arggh!"

I glared at Haechan at his words and hit him with the paint brush I had in my hand. Motherfuc-Jaemin patted my back to calm me down.

"If he doesn't like you, why would he post that picture?"

"Jeno. Think again. Why would he post it to close friends?"

Haechan was right. That is the one thing that has been bothering me. Am I not worth it for him to be proud of me?

Jaemin noticed my discouraged face and pinched Haechan on his stomach, causing him to shriek loudly for the whole area to hear him.

"Fuck you Jaemin!!"

"That's my brother."

I stroked his head, painting his face with his sweet smile, and wished I could stare at him all day. Haechan huffed and turn away from us, sulking.

I watched as his eyes expanded and he immediately turned to face me.

"10 o'clock."

My brows ceased at him and did as he said. To my surprise, Min Hyung was at Jungwoo's station and he was looking at my way.

I blinked my eyes in surprise and shifted back towards Haechan.

"It's him right?"

I nodded and noticed the other two also look at his direction.

"Did he just glared at me Jeno?"

"I think yes, Jaemin."

"Why Jaemin?"

I asked him with my hand raised to tidy his messy hair that sway in the wind.

"Haneul, I think you better stop because Min Hyung is literally giving Jaemin a cold look."

What?!

I returned to Haechan for an explanation, which I was unable to make since the boys chose to stand up from their seats and move away from me.

What an actual fuck just happen?

"Hey!! Where are you going?"

"To go buy some drinks. Jeno let's go."

"To go and find some safe place."

Just like that, the three boys walk away from me and leave me alone. I pouted my lips as I felt lonely once again.

"Ehem. Hello."

I switched my gaze to the mini-stage in the center of the area, which was set up for the next activity, an art auction.

The funds will thereafter be donated to an orphanage institute.

I gathered my three paintings since I'll go second once Iseul finishes hers.

I wish they were here to support me, but those jerks are just ugh-

"Good luck Haneul."

I hesitantly looked towards the owner of the voice I knew. My heart beats in an uncontrollable pace again and over again.

"Thank you Min Hyung."

I smiled at him as I walked up to the stage, describing every aspect of the picture I was holding.

"This is the last one, which I named  'First Love'. Cliché right?"

Quite a few people in the audience chuckle.

"But in all sincerity. I drew this moment because I felt the excitement of falling in love with someone I thought I couldn't have."

My gaze is drawn to the picture on the easel..

It was the Neo institute's rooftop, which I always went to. It was the day I fell in love with him. Where the clouds cover the summer sky and the sun shines through his skin.

The little garden on the roof, where the bench is placed just beneath the clear sky. A boy's silhouette was captivated to the memories of it.

"If I could, I would go back in time and repeat the bliss of falling in love."

The crowd applauded at the end of my speech, and I cheered since the painting was auctioned shortly after.

"This award is in celebration of our students who were able to auctioned their arts for large prices and for their creativity in creating such beautiful and meaningful paintings."

"I'd like to recognize Chae Haneul, Second Year Fine Art Student, to take the award."

My smile never left my face as I made my way to accept the award for my paintings. I can hear the boys chanting my name.

Maybe the festival wasn't all that bad.

I love you my baby  subak <3

p/s: let me know if you want there to be any chapter from Min Hyung's pov hihiks